Rainbow Baby Haydens arrival into the world 1st july 2011

babesx3

Reaction score
Hmmmm i don't really know where to start...
Its be a tough year and a very tough pregnancy...
I felll pregnant in May 2010 with my baby Charlie , who sadly died in my tummy at 18 weeks.....
Whilst grieving his loss i concieved again in oct 2010 with my rainbow boy....
the following pregnancy was emotional to say the least with extreme paranoia , i had a total of 14 scans and lots of appointments..... my baby became the focus of my life...
by 37 weeks i had become very scared of losing him as his movements had slowed, i knew he was abig lad so i just wanted him out...
Thankfully my consultant agreed and an induction was booked for 38+3 weeks...
to cut a long story short i eventually got called in for induction at 9.30pm on thurs 30th june... naively i thought i would be quick as this is my 5th birth, i have 3 live and healthy children at home.. i'd had my 3rd child induced and all they had had to do was break my waters and contractions had naturally started...
this did not happen....
they broke my waters at 1am, Haydens head was bobbing up and down so he had to be held down whilst they popped my waters..the doc was very rough and i was given gas and air... we don't know if it was tiredness, pain or the G and A, but i passed out scaring everyone :blush:
anyway i was agood girl and for 2hrs i walked up and down corridors hoping to set off contractions..it didn't happen.. :( they tried to monitor me and for a scary moment they couldn't find his HB , so brought in a monile scanner , my heart was in my mouth asthey struggled to pick it up, thankfully he was ok.. they decided to put a clip on his head to keep a track of him, and as i was going to have syntocin drip i;d have to remain in the room on a leash :wacko: of tubes on cables..
this was also very painful as again his head wa bobbing up and down...
at 5am they started the syntocin drip.... i was really tired with no sleep...
contractions were very slow to start , i bounced on the ball and swayed my hips and remained as active as i could with limited space...
about 9am they started coming more regular and by 10.30 were painful , got my tens on :thumbup:
I became very emotional at this point and just sobbed between contractions, i knew my baby was coming and it felt such a relief that finally my 14 months of pregnancy were going to end, i was so scared for my baby ....
about 11.25 ish i was getting close and i knew it, the mW had left the room and i got on the bed and told my husband to get the f***king MW ..:blush: contractions were on top of each other i grabbed the gas and air and growled lol..... the mW came in and said did i want to be examined haha ...i growled and groaned more, couldn't speak as was in too much pain... the pain was constant in my bowel and bladder , the mw got cross with me for not amnswering and took my Gas and air away... she looked and told me to push.....i didn't feel the urge..just pain but i pushed and in 3-4 pushes his head was born.... the pain remained constant it was ahard to know what was a contraction , it was just agony all the time..the mw pushed the emergency buzzer, his shoulders were stuck... iwas not really aware of what was going on, i was just in agony, with no pain releif, the bed was pshed back, and several mw's pushing my legs back , whilst doc was trying to move his body round to get shoulders out.... i was terrified for my baby , i just pushed when i was told to, stopped when told to stop, it was agony by far the worst i've had in childbirth out of 5..:( the doc said something about his cord being short so he couldn't turn him... eventually he was born at 11.45am, he was quiet and blue they rushed him to recussitaire ..i just cried and sobbed i was terrified my baby had died..... and then he cried..thank god..the relief was immense and i just sobbed....
my husband tells me there were 10 different staff in theree, the mw's, the doc and a consultant...slightly embarrassed at how many people saw my bits :blush: ..but the saved my babies life so worth it :thumbup: iwas so greatful i was in a high risk ward and the staff were there in seconds to get him out...
i can't thank the staff enough!!!
even if my body does feel like i've ran a marathon!!!!

he is perfect in every way:cloud9:

I'm so glad to call my family complete!!!! i'm a lucky lucky lady!!!

So here a pic of him at 2 days taken today

oo and he was 9lbs 3 oz 53 cm long!!!
hayden 2 days 003.jpg

He is beautiful :cloud9:

Sorry it was such a scary ordeal but so happy that all is well.

Congrats to you and your family :flower:

XxX

He is just the most gorgeous little boy :cloud9:

Well done hun you did an amazing job, it might sound stupid but I'm so proud of you :cry: you are incredible!! xxxx

Welcome Hayden :flower:

It is true, he is beautiful :cloud9::cry:

Congrats hun, am so happy your rainbow baby is here, in your arms, now you and the kids can enjoy him :cloud9:

Hope you are feeling ok after a tough labour :hugs:

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Thanks for the birth story. So glad it had a happy ending. Izzy wasn't breathing and had an apgar of 2 when she was born, I still remember the horrid silence whilst they resuscitated her, heart stopping. :hugs:

He is a beautiful baby and looks like Dylan do you think?

Massive congrats to you all xxxx

I ache like crazy!!!! lol.... so glad i couldn't see what they were doing to me!! :wacko: whatever it was it worked :thumbup:

Thanks for the birth story. So glad it had a happy ending. Izzy wasn't breathing and had an apgar of 2 when she was born, I still remember the horrid silence whilst they resuscitated her, heart stopping. :hugs:

He is a beautiful baby and looks like Dylan do you think?

Massive congrats to you all xxxx

so so scary....

i agree hes gorgeous!!! :)

i'm not sure who he looks like..more like my husband!!! his hair looks blondy/sandy too!!! hope it turns ginger like the others!!! :)

Stunning little boy nat :D

Xxx

Your birth story gave me goosebumps! I cant imagine all the emitions you must of been going thru xxx

Aw hon he is gorgeous!!! I am so happy your rainbow baby is here safe & sound, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE his ticker! Sounds like a scary birth but bet that is all fading away now that he is here & is ok :hugs:

Congratulations again :cloud9:

Quite a birth story and like the others said thankfully with a happy ending.

He's gorgeous Nats - so, so pleased for you xx

Congratulations on the birth of Hayden! He is beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back