Rainbows group.

Elli21

Reaction score
Leigha started a rainbows group 3 weeks ago (younger version of brownies)
and i dont like her going!
Im shutting up though as its her choice and i think its good for her to have friends outside of school.

The hall its in, its not really safe.
It doesnt stop children running out of it, or anyone that they dont want in there getting in.

People (inc my OH) says im being paranoid...but this is my baby!

But anyway, i kinda got my wish today, Leigha said she doesnt want to go as she doesnt enjoy it, "its the same thing each week" were her words.
But shes also complaining about a girl she goes to school with that goes saying she "lies to me and about it"

Do i just stop her going? As this is what i want too.
Or do i encourage her to keep at it?

I havent paid for it, or bought a uniform as they do a trial period.
Im just not keen.

I'd say follow her lead in this. But maybe say to her that if she decides to stop going, she can't change her mind the following week? Otherwise you could end up with a situation where she goes for a bit, then stops, then wants to go again etc etc?

Are there any other groups or anything in your area she could go to instead? What about Girl's Brigade or something like that?

I'm shocked about the hall. I was in Brownies, and Guides, and helped run a Brownie pack for a while. They were all in church halls, and there were security doors which were alarmed. No-one got in or out without being checked!

Maybe when she's a bit older, if she's interested in that kind of thing again, she could look at joining Brownies :)

Thankfully my eldest DD has just grown out of Rainbows (shes now a Brownie) and my younger one doesn't want to go ..

..all they did was run riot and play pass the biscuit each week :dohh:

Can you have a look for other ones in your area, round here there seems to be a group in each village so if your not keen on one you can just drive a bit further to another.

Or just try a different after school activity with her :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->