rainforest playmat..

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
dont know if this is in the right place.(soz if not)

has anyone got the rainforest playmat/gym by fisher-price
(https://www.toysrus.co.uk/ProductImages.aspx?ProdId=380482)

only ive had it for Rhiannon since she was born and only realised that the two butterflies attatched are suppossed to turn round:dohh:, mine never have i..

just wondering if anyone else''s do and how did you get them to turn x

I have it but haven't opened the package yet. Interesting to know if mine does or not.

pleeeease lemme know lol its been my bug-bear since i found out x

p.s i threw my instructions (me = muppet!!!)
if your having a squiz and is says how to get them moving can you post it please hun xx :)

p.s i threw my instructions (me = muppet!!!)
if your having a squiz and is says how to get them moving can you post it please hun xx :)

I sure will hon!

BTW, do you have the bouncer too? How does your LO like them?

dont have the bouncer, but Rhiannon loves her mat, there are place to attatch toys too as well as music and flashing lights, keeps her entertained for ages, and she loves tummy time on there because the mat has a river and animals on it..

we put her on it from two weeks old just for a few mins at a time then built up untill she goes on it now untill she's eother tired or bored

did you get the bouncer?

It's not showing the picture, it just says error for me. I have a rainforest one by fisher price, but not sure if it's the same one. I dont know if they make different kinds or not?
Does it have like a little white and black striped animal with an attached ball that spins and makes music come on, and then a dangly bird that rattles, and uhh.. a mirror and ball that spins at the top (which they have to hold their head up to look at), and a tree and giraffe that sit there and do nothing.. lol, they hold some danglies though?
:rofl:
Anyways, if thats the one you have, my butterflies dont spin either.

It's not showing the picture, it just says error for me. I have a rainforest one by fisher price, but not sure if it's the same one. I dont know if they make different kinds or not?
Does it have like a little white and black striped animal with an attached ball that spins and makes music come on, and then a dangly bird that rattles, and uhh.. a mirror and ball that spins at the top (which they have to hold their head up to look at), and a tree and giraffe that sit there and do nothing.. lol, they hold some danglies though?
:rofl:
Anyways, if thats the one you have, my butterflies dont spin either.

errrrrm not sure hun,
but mine has a giraffe that is the base of one of the arches and the black and white animal is actually part of the playmat.. dont have a ball but have got a mirror,a elephant rattle,a monkey that hangs by its tail and a pelican :D..

and my non moving butterflies ar under the green control centre in the middle of the arches..
(hope that makes sense lol)

There are two different ones.... I have the one with the giraffe too welshcakes79,

My butterfly's dont spin either!!!!!:hissy:

Are the suppose to?..... I will see if I can find the booklet that came with mine..... but dont hold your breath.

I was pretty POed when I found out they didnt move.

thanks ab2401... i think i read on the babies r us website that they move... or it could have been mothercare website.. thier the only butterflies i can see on it so im assuming that it means those x

Got that playmat as well and the butterflies don't spin!

We've got that mat & our butterflies don't spin either - only if you move them yourself.

Description

The magical world of the rainforest comes to life with fun activites, lights and up to 20 minutes of nature sounds or melodies with this soft deluxe baby playmat and gym toy. Lots of activities and textures to stimulate your growing baby

Soft play mat has various textures for baby to explore
Soft play arches feature detachable hanging toys, each with their own activities
Colourful arches supported by a friendly giraffe
Variety of links let you attach toys up above or down below
There’s a soft monkey, jingly toucan, elephant and parrot with spinning paddle
Movable and stationary activity toys encourage baby to explore the overhead gym or enjoy some tummy-time play
Baby can also enjoy a spinner with rattling beads, spinning butterflies, a shiny mirror and a crinkly leaf for peek-a-boo fun
Music and lights activated by either parent or baby including two satin butterflies
20 minutes of nature sounds or melodies

just found this on the babies r us uk website... what butterflies do they mean?? im confuddled now :(

I'm thinking they are the ones dangling beneath the control unit - a purple & orange one?

yeah, those are the ones i thought were suppossed to spin... but nobody elses are by the sound of it...

hmmmmm

ive opened the green box wich hold the arches but couldnt for the life of me figure out what i was searching for lol..

so i guess their not meant to spin then....?

I just had a quick look at the instructions & it doesn't mention anything about them spinning on there, but I can see where you are coming from with the description on the babies r us website - I just assumed that you had to move them yourself:shrug:

:blush:
ah!!!
hmmmmm...
maybe your right
never thought of that

i saw spinning and thought they were meant to turn by themselves
(again me=muppet)!!!!!

:blush:
ah!!!
hmmmmm...
maybe your right
never thought of that

i saw spinning and thought they were meant to turn by themselves
(again me=muppet)!!!!!

No - if I'd read that description when I'd bought it, I would expect them to spin by themselves too - but if no-one else's move it doesn't sound as if they do -It's a bit deceiving :dohh:

Sorry welshcakes79, I couldnt find my booklet.... guess it got tossed out.

I really wish they did spin..... Rylee would like it so much better.

:hissy:

no probs, i know how you feel my LO keeps looking at them and i feel bad that they just "hang" there unless i move them... and if she is under there for me to iron/dust/cook tea then they just dangle with no one to move them...poor mite lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->