Raised white blood cells count?

shampain

Mum to Patrick! :-)
Reaction score
Hi, posted this in 3rd trimester too, just wandered if anyone has had a raised white blood cell count on any blood tests they have had done whilst pregnant. Thanx in advance x:hug::hugs:

This normally means your body is fighting off infection although a few medicines can effect this too
hugs serina x

This is what I was stuck in the hospital with after Brooklynn was born. Before it all I knew nothing about that sort of thing. But it is generally a sign of infection and I would make sure your doctor takes it seriously. I don't want to scare you but I didn't see my DD for 18 hours after she was born because she was in NICU with the same infection I had.

oh great........ they did say they were only slightly raised, i feel fine in myself....now im scared.

Could just be a throat infection or urine infection....or even a cold. Doesn't have to be serious:hugs:

The bone marrow produces 3 broad groups of cells, one of which are white blood cells. They usually go up in infection or inflammation although there are other much rarer causes. If they're only up a little, it's unlikely to be anything to worry about - it may even be a variant of normal as these values are based on the average of a population and some people's normal values will lie outside this. If you develop a temperature or any signs of infection then let your team know. Feeling fine is a good sign :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->