Ran 8 miles last night!

HannahsMummy

Reaction score
Just an update for you guys,

I did the 7lbs in 7 days Jason Vale juice diet about 2 months back and lost 1 stone in a week, I was really sceptical as thought that it would just pile back on but by losing that stone I found it really easy to get out and exercise :thumbup:

I've been eating normally again for a few weeks (just smaller portions) and I've been going out for a jog every night without fail, even if it's just around the block. Well, last night I thought I'd try a big run to see how it went and I managed 8 miles in just over an hour :happydance:

I've not lost a huge amount of weight but I've really toned up and lost 4 inches off my tummy. Really chuffed.

Bloody hell - 8 miles in an hour is 7:30min/miles!!! You're really fast - especially for a longer run! Well done :)
xx

I'm looking to do a half marathon in March and aiming for a time of about 1hour 45 minutes. I need to do loads of training to keep it up for 13 miles though, my legs were so heavy at the end of my run.

Going out this morning - doing hill work to try and strengthen my legs up. I have the CV fitness to run (not jog) for ages but my legs let me down, too many cakes!

Good luck with it!
My fastest half marathon was 2:14, so you're a fair bit faster than me. I'm doing a marathon next April, and am hoping/aiming for 4:30.
xx

I'm looking to do a half marathon in March and aiming for a time of about 1hour 45 minutes. I need to do loads of training to keep it up for 13 miles though, my legs were so heavy at the end of my run.

Going out this morning - doing hill work to try and strengthen my legs up. I have the CV fitness to run (not jog) for ages but my legs let me down, too many cakes!

If you have good trails in hilly woods, these do WONDERS for the legs. It's the constant little changes in the ground that make your legs work a little harder than just pavement. Just remember you will need an cross country or trail running shoe for this. Back when I was 125lbs and ran mini's like they were a daily run, the one training thing that worked the best was trail running.

GREAT job on the run! You are slightly faster than I was when I ran mini's, only because I haven't a competitive bone in my body :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->