Random Chest Congestion

MoonMelody

Reaction score
Hi, folks. So, as of about an hour ago, I started having a little bit of trouble breathing. It feels like my chest is congested, but my nose is totally clear and I have no cold or flu symptoms at all. It's really uncomfortable, and I can't go more than about a minute without feeling the need to cough. I'm actually a bit nervous about going to sleep. Any ideas?

I am in the same position. I developed a chesty cough mid yesterday. It feels difficult to breath and has kept me up most the night.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd401a.aspx

Im the same, my heart pounds and I have trouble breathing .. especially if I'm overly active!

I read this:

You may even notice it early in pregnancy, although at that stage it's more often sensed as a heightened awareness of the need to breathe.

You need more oxygen during pregnancy, and your body adapts to meet this need in several ways. An increase in hormones, particularly progesterone, directly affects your lungs and stimulates the respiratory center in your brain. And while the number of breaths you take per minute actually changes very little during pregnancy, the amount of air you take in with each breath increases significantly.

I've had a chesty dry cough for about 2 days now, almost feel like choking when I cough. I have had a stuffed nose in the morning too but it clears as the morning goes on. Tonight I notice some 'stuff' on my chest, so guess I am getting cold.chest infection.

Hope your coughing goes away before bedtime and you get a peaceful nights sleep

I have just been reading in a pregnancy book about this it says its normal to have shortness of breath its &ormones affecting the lungs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->