Random happy thread :)

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flow:

I am feeling so thankful and happy tonight whilst sat on the sofa feeding my beautiful daughter :)
Whilst pregnant I was so worried I wouldn't be able to succeed at breastfeeding. It didn't work out with my first daughter so I was determined to make it work this time. The first few weeks were HELL! My nipples were wrecked, cracked, bleeding, I'm sure there were even chunks missing! Had to express the first weekend home as just couldn't bare the pain. Couldn't keep up with the expressing so had to put her back onto the breast, each feed was excruciating I would cry and dread feeds :( was pretty awful tbh :( I didnt want to give up though because after failing with my daughter I wanted to make it work so much this time so stuck with it even thought I couldn't believe it'd ever feel any better. Well fast forward to now at 11 weeks and it is amazing!! I love it!! I actually enjoy feeding her I never thought I'd be able to say that!! I am so happy that I have managed to get this far and really hope I can continue it for a long time yet! I do have mastitis for the third time so not completely problem free but i have managed to work out how to unblock using a comb which seems to be working!
Anyone else want to share your happy stories? :D

Hi not a happy story but wanted to say it's nice to hear that the first few weeks breastfeeding can be painful and your nipples can suffer. I breastfed whilst at hospital and was so anxious all the time because the midwifes were constantly telling me that the reason my nipples were sore etc was because my little one wasn't latched right...I have up feeding from the breast after a few days and now express and top up with formula. Part of me kind of wishes is stuck with it now however it's nice to know that when I did breastfeed for a short time I probably was doing fine and that everything was normal. Thanks for sharing :)

So glad to hear things are working out for you Wanababa. I had the same trouble as you and the first 3 weeks were unbearable. I was told that if I let my lo drink from a bottle she will get nipple confusion so I just put up with the pain. On top of that she wanted to feed every hour during the night which left me deliriously tired. But I'm happy to say it got easier as time went on. Now she is 13 mths and still bf's before she goes to bed at night and when she wakes up in the morning. I wanted to give up bf'ing at 12 mths but I decided to leave it up to her to self-wean. Its still a very special bonding experience even at this age :)

Congrats ladies, it sounds like you are all doing great! Breastfeeding is so hard for the first few weeks and nobody warns you, the midwives talk about it like its so easy when the reality is so different!

As for me I can't believe we have just passed the 6 month mark and no plans to stop! After 2-3 months it just got so easy, it was worth sticking with it. I can't imagine faffing about sterilising bottles etc now.

Anyway, yay for all of us!!!

I am pumping because my baby is in the NICU, but so far its working out great! I am up to about 45-60ml a session (I do them every 3 hours). I can't wait to get my baby home and try it with the breast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->