Random Implantation Question....

AliDubs

Back at it!
Reaction score
I think I may have too much time on my hands to obsess about the whole getting pregnant things - but that's why we're here right? :wacko:

Here's my latest pondering - if the blastocyst (fertilized egg) is the size of a spec of dust, why does it implanting into you cause so much bleeding? I mean I know it's only light spotting but a speck of dust should do nothing... Any thoughts?

I'm not sure on that... Maybe it irritates the surrounding area of the uterus? I've wondered that myself. I read that only 30% of women get implantation spotting though, so I have been hoping for NO bleeding since it's more likely a sign of AF!

It's burrowing into very blood-rich material and creating a lot of changes to it, so it's a bit more than a speck of dust landing on your endometrium! I'm glad that a little spotting and cramping is all that happens, when any symptoms are present at all!

I just thought I would share my IB experience. I ovulated Jan 9th, 2014 and went on a trip Jan 15-20th. When I returned home from the trip I remember crying my eyes out one night after my husband and I BD'd because I was bleeding red blood (had been TTC for over 4 years). It was at night so I through in a tampon (big no no I know) and went to bed miserable. I don't remember if I continued bleeding the next day but I know on Jan 28th, I called the doc and told her my period was "stuck" because I had cramps, spotting, and sore breasts. She called me in a prescription to bring on my cycle but told me to test just in case. I was angry because I didn't want to spend 15$ on another test but did it anyhow. It was BFP. Though we mc'd in March. :(

This month I am 12dpo and have been symptom spotting obsessively so I'm sure I've just stressed myself out and caused AF to come early but I spotted yesterday after a bm (tmi) and it was light pink cm. Then nothing all day.

This morning I had nothing and then took a nap. When I woke up I had cm streaked with stringy red. Then after another bm (sorry!! lol) I had brownish cm. I'm trying to not get my hopes up because now it has been almost 5 years TTC with only one BFP which didn't stick. (I have Hashimoto's, endometriosis and high prolactin causing infertility).

I know only 30% of women experience IB but I thought I would share since I was one of them. :) Good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->