Random Question...

T

thompsonic

I was thinking last night about finding out you were pregnant really late, and I think it's quite an interesting topic so I decided to ask you all...

Would you rather find out you were pregnant really early (before 4 weeks) or really later (after 20 weeks) and why?

Personally I would rather find out late, because I worry about everything so much, I am dreading being in First Tri because of MC and MMC and everything, I would rather skip all that and fast forward to when everything is easy and plain sailing (well, easier..)

What about you?

I think i would like to find out around 10/11 weeks. That way i wasent sat around worring for weeks before i got my 12 week scan.

Knowing my luck ill find out about 4/5 weeks and it will kill me waiting

I think i would rather find out early so that i could make sure i was eating right, not drinking alcohol etc. x

I dunno - don't think I'd fancy really earl or really late tbh. I think I'd ideally like to find out about week 8 or something. But there's no way I couldn't test for that long if AF hadn't shown up!

I think i would rather find out early so that i could make sure i was eating right, not drinking alcohol etc. x

Ditto, if I found out late and something was wrong I would beat myself up about it because I hadn't been taking my vitamins, continued drinking, not removed a smokey DH from the house....the list goes on. :wacko:

I'd like to be a good few weeks in, but know I will be testing as soon as AF is late.

I would rather know early on then I could start looking after myself

I'd rather find out earlier too so I can make sure I'm eating well, exercising enough and not drinking alcohol. Also so I know to avoid smokers!

with ds1 I found out when I was 16 weeks!! (still had periods!!) and with ds2 I was 4 weeks! and I must say I would rather it be later - 2nd pregnancy seemed to last forever!! I dont drink or smoke anyway and eat well most of the time so think I would definately rather know later!

I found out with amelie at 2 and a half weeks and it felt like I was pregnant for a year :growlmad: I'd like to find out at 12 weeks or so but as I'll be TTC next time I'm sure I'll find out mega early again.

early every time! i found out early with mads (3weeks) and loved it, even the terrible sickness etc.

One one hand, I'd like to know early so I could make sure I took care of myself and the LO, but on the other hand I worry constantly, so I'd prefer to know at 20wks + so I wouldn't spend months fretting.

I would prefer to know it around 8 to 10 weeks I think . but since my period is always deadly on spot (time) I guess I will know it early..)

I'd rather find out early, I know I'd worry about MC and stuff until 12 wks but if I found out really late (like 20 weeks) I would feel as if I have been cheated of half my pregnancy if you know what i mean

Early! I found out quite late last time, and then blamed myself when things went wrong

I think early because, despite the worrying, it would just be so amazing to know about the little life I had inside me... It would make everything I was doing all the time I knew seem worthwhile, just boring things I now want to rush through and fastforward...
:flower: xx

i'd rather find out early so i can be doing all the important things during pregnancy... plus the way all of us ladies are, i think we would know sooner than later haha

I don't think I would be too bothered either way since there seems to be perks and downfalls on both sides...

If I was to find out earlier it would mean I could enjoy knowing I was carrying my child for longer and make sure I look after myself, no drinking, gentle exercise, good diet etc. However because it is so uncertain in the early stages I think I would make myself sick with worry about any complications etc.

If I was to find out later it would mean I would have passed the most uncertain time of the pregnancy, and obviously if I was still pregnant at 20 weeks I would not worry myself so much since obviously things must be going ok! However I would feel a little miffed that I lost so much time through not knowing and I would worry incase I had done anything concidered dangerous (drinking etc) and with a lack of prenatal care in the earlier months I would be devastated if anything went wrong.

:) Ok thats my input lol

i want to find out right away. i just want to enjoy the pregnancy as much as possible

I think I would rather know later. Less to worry about. I don't drink, smoke or take any medication, so that wouldn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->