random question

Beany2

Just me and DH so far...
Reaction score
ok, i'm fairly sure this is an unnecessary question but i was just wondering - if you get really bad cramps and pains during AF does it mean you will have a more painful labour?

i did say it was a bit random!:blush:

i'm sure it's almost impossible to say because everyone experiences things (and deals with things) differently but it was something that just kind of ran through my brain this morning and i thought if i could ask anyone it would be the lovely ladies on here!

:kiss:

Its not random at all! I have often wondered the same thing since I have terrible AF cramps!

Sorry that I don't have an answer, but I will certainly be watching this thread. :winkwink:

EDIT: I searched around some other Q&A sites and found the general consensus from women is that they are not highly correlated: https://menstrualcramprelief.net/will-painful-menstrual-cramps-mean-painful-labor

They aren't linked at al to you AF at all. Even if you have an easy labour the first time you could have a horrible one the second time.

Don't worry about labour, I'm a totally wimp, I refused to do a birth plan as the stork was bringing my baby, I'd seen Dumbo, so I knew how these things worked. But the stork doesn't clearly work on Christmas Day which is when I had my son and I managed on gas and air for the contractions and nothing for the pushing stage. So if I can do it anyone can!

thanks ladies, feel a bit less silly for asking now! i thought it probably wouldn't be related but as i say just one of those weird things that popped into my head!

i think when the time comes i'll be super nervous but at least a little bit excited to get the best gift ever at the end of it!

Don't worry about labour, I'm a totally wimp, I refused to do a birth plan as the stork was bringing my baby, I'd seen Dumbo, so I knew how these things worked.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's true my midwife just laughed at me and told me to watch some birthing videos on youtube. Needless to say that never happened! ut we are trying for Number two next month so it couldn't have been that bad!

I wouldn't watch birthing videos! They traumatised me enough in school!

Great thread - I'm so scared of labour, but it'll be worth it! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"