random queston. can twins share a bed?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
I am really curious, i dont have twins, nor am i having twins and it is extremely unlikely i will have twins.. but i see these cute pics of twins sharing a crib, and i wonder, can they do this? is it safe? i do believe it makes sense as they are together growing for 9 months (or less) and it would be cruel to just automatically seperate them, but IDK im just curious and maybe a little nosey really..

i do think they look so cute together in a crib though, and i love the video i once saw on new born baby twins in water cuddling like they would in the womb..

My wee cousins, who are 6 and both girls have separate beds (in the same room) however haven't slept separately since their mum tried to put them in their own beds at the age of 2. Before that they had shared a large cot.

I can only assume (as I've no personal experience) this would make perfect sense for newborns- as they don't roll around yet. As they get bigger though, if even one twin is like my LO- then I'd have to seperate them! My LO was ALL over her crib the moment she was at all mobile - and I'd guess bumping or rolling into your twin all night might not be ideal-- then again, maybe some twins are just used to it and sleep more soundly that way ;)

I've always wondered that too. I would think there would be a risk of SIDS related to that? Maybe no different than a mother and baby co-sleeping though.

It's safe for twins to share a cot so long as there is no significant difference in size.

When my twin brothers were born the midwife said to put them into the same cot for the first few days as it could be strange for them to be separated right away but after that they never shared a cot or a bed or anything.

i think it does make sense for new borns to share, as said they dont really roll o move, but once rolling, sitting up etc. it makes sense for them not to share, i suppose if your the parent of twins you know how they sleep better, if they sleep better together at like 3 YO so be it. i was just curious thats all after seeing a cute pic of 2 twins asleep in a crib.

I think initially it would be fine but I read story about a 2 month old who died...he was found wedged between his twin and the bumper. Of course if the bumper hadn't been there he would most likely be still alive but once they can move I don't think it's safe.

With my twins, they slept in a cot from the day they were both home from hospital (12 days) but we put them at each end of the cot so that they still has space and I was concerned about SIDS.
They were separated in SCBU due to health reasons (Finn was on a ventilator as he had fluid trapped on his lungs, so there was noway they could be kept together, but they kept Ben's cot next to him!
Once home, they slept in the shared cot until they started moving around and knocking into each other. We moved them into their separate cots at around 5 months, where they still are now. I'm kinda hoping that when we put them in big boy beds, that they'll climb in together as that will be sooo cute !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->