random worry..

copesy

mummy to an angel baby
Reaction score
Ok this is really random and might seem silly but I get migraine.. like, BAD migraines where my vision goes, sometimes I get numbness in my tongue and down my arm, severe head pain and vomiting . They have been more frequent now that im pregnant and im kind of worried about how I cant keep even water down- sometimes for 24 hours with migraines , on a regular basis. Hoping baby is getting enough nutrients. Im thinking im around 13 weeks if not more (I found out around 10 /11 weeks ago but had been thinking I was for a few weeks before that )and weigh less than I did pre-pregnancy :/. Will ask the midwife next time I see them what she thinks and my first scan is next week but until then im worrying that my migraines might effect the baby.
Also, my man works long hours... how the heck will I look after the baby when its born if I have a migraine! I am literally stuck in bed, usually crying with pain. Ugh.

They can give you migraine medications safe with pregnancy if need be. You need to be able to function. Also, if you cant keep water down, you should be seen and checked for dehydration, and get an IV if need be!
Stay safe Hun :hugs:

I also suffer from awful migraines, and each pregnancy I have suffered with worse and more frequent migraines that wiped me out for a couple days at a time. Mine are again, visual ones, which means I can hardly see and can end up being sick.

As soon as I feel one coming on, I drink a large glass of water or squash, and take two paracetamol, sit in a dark room, or if I've been on my own with the kids, I put on dark sunglasses, put the tv on for the kids, and lay on the sofa. It's not ideal, but sometimes you just have to get through the day, and try and recover as fast as possible at the same time.

Ok this is really random and might seem silly but I get migraine.. like, BAD migraines where my vision goes, sometimes I get numbness in my tongue and down my arm, severe head pain and vomiting . They have been more frequent now that im pregnant and im kind of worried about how I cant keep even water down- sometimes for 24 hours with migraines , on a regular basis. Hoping baby is getting enough nutrients. Im thinking im around 13 weeks if not more (I found out around 10 /11 weeks ago but had been thinking I was for a few weeks before that )and weigh less than I did pre-pregnancy :/. Will ask the midwife next time I see them what she thinks and my first scan is next week but until then im worrying that my migraines might effect the baby.
Also, my man works long hours... how the heck will I look after the baby when its born if I have a migraine! I am literally stuck in bed, usually crying with pain. Ugh.

you will need to talk to your doctor and or mw about this....same about when baby is born...when the baby is born if your feeling ill maybe a baby nurse or a friend or your mom can help you our? or maybe oh if he is home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->