(Rant) Just feeling like a failure of a mom/wife

heidi87814

Reaction score
I've been trying to write this for about a week now but it's just a rant I need.

Lately I'm just not feeling *here* at all. I think the prego hormones are turning me into a crazy lady. My poor older babies are trying their best to be helpful and treat me like a queen (their dad's taught them well) but I've just been so snappy lately. If DD1 tries to help out with changing/feeding DD2, I just want her to get away and let me do it. If DS tries to help out in the kitchen when I'm cooking or cleaning the house, I snap again and just want him to leave me alone to do it.

On top of that, DD2's teething has gotten so bad lately. I've tried so many different things to help ease the pain but she's so fussy that I just look at her sometimes and think, 'I don't know what to do for you. I give up.'

Because I'm working from home, hubbie's been away a lot for work (trying to get in the extra hours now because he'll be taking a break when the new baby's born) and it's just making me miserable. I've started imagining him meeting all these new and beautiful women that he'd rather be around than his pregnant wife and house full of kids.

How stupid is that?

I feel ridiculous and overdramatic even writing this - I mean, this isn't me. I'm a frigging amazing mother and confident woman who knows herself. This kind of stuff never happens.

I just felt like I really needed to get it off my chest.

Sorry you're going through a rough time:( Glad you have this place to help you vent a little. I think it's super common for us ladies to be insecure when pregnant but I'm sure you are doing the best you can and your DH probably loves coming home to you.

Sounds like maybe you need a little break though. Do you have an babysitters around that can give you a couple of hours to yourself or to spend with DH when he's home? I bet that would help you feel more like yourself!

Thanks for the reply, Sweetpea. And sorry it took me so long to reply too.

God, how overdramatic. lol I did end up asking DH if we could have a little alone time and get a babysitter and was really lovely. I think we'll be doing that more often. A kind of "date night" once a month or something. :) Thanks for your kindness.

:hugs: glad you are feeling better

Hey I've just read your post, are things any better now? Glad to hear you had some down time with your DH. Sounds like you needed a break from the usual!

Wow I didn't even see your reply over a month ago! I'm glad you talked to your hubby. It always seems lame to me but I know it's necessary to schedule some alone time once in a while. Plus being pregnant is just darn hard! Hard on your body and emotions. Sometimes I feel like it's all too much and I just need a break. I hope it's all gotten a lot better for you!

I remember how horrid I was with my last pregnancy. Especially at the end when we are all miserable, it's tough to raise other kids (esp when it feels like we are doing it on our own). Give yourself a break. Apologize for your behavior as soon as you realize you've done wrong - don't let pride get in the way of it. I try to count to ten and think about any reaction I might have that won't help my kids become better people. If the words coming out of my mouth are words I wouldn't want to hear them speak toward me, I change it or walk away. Try it: act; don't react.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->