Rant - just two more days

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
My OB wants to induce on Thursday, and my husband and I are in agreement. But that still means I have two days of work to muddle through before then. I am so frustrated with this place I am ready to just walk out of here.

I do IT for a major Fortune 500 company with thousands of clients - my building alone has about 2000 people in it. Normally each building is supposed to be staffed by two software technicians and one hardware technician. My job is more physical than you'd imagine, I end up carrying around heavy printer and computer parts, crawl around under desks to plug stuff in, etc etc. I was supposed to be put on light duty when I started month nine.

Well due to some staffing issues, we lost the hardware tech for this building and a software tech in another building. For some reason, the decision was made to move my partner to another building and to leave me alone to fill the role of three technicians in my building. It's been three weeks now. I'd struggle with this pace normally, but now that I've got a watermelon strapped to my belly, I'm finding it just about impossible. I have to stay late almost every day just to keep afloat, not to mention the physical strain.

To try to alleviate the strain on me, my boss found me a temporary partner - this temporary partner doesn't like the fact that I'm getting "special treatment" and supposed to be on light duty because I'm pregnant. He constantly fights the boss, saying he should also be put on light duty because he's overweight and apparently his affliction is greater than mine. If I ask him for help on anything, he starts actually yelling and throwing stuff - not at me, at walls - and pitches a fit. I don't quite understand how he's still employed here. But at any rate, he absolutely refuses, which is not only leaving me with still doing the work of three techs, but now I have this dead weight as well.

On the rare occasion that my boss actually gets him to help me with something, he always screws it up so badly that I have to go do it anyway. There's really no point in me asking him for help because I always end up doing it anyway.

He's also started shit-talking me behind my back, I know because I've caught him. He didn't know I was at my desk when another coworker happened to cough. My partner turned to the coworker and said "Are you dying?" to which the coworker said no. He said "Good. PrettyBirdy can't be bothered with dying people." A few moments later, he added "It's because she's ginger." What in the ever loving heck?!

Beyond all of this, there's also his issues with hygiene. Frankly, he doesn't care for himself, and it's gross. He also sits there and constantly lets out the most disgusting belches I've ever heard - this morning I was eating some yogurt and he let out this belch so horrid that it made me retch. He likes to sit there and clear his throat and then spit it into the garbage can. When he eats, he sounds like he hasn't been fed in days.

This was a super long rant, sorry, but I am ready to just walk out of here after having to deal with this guy. Just two more days until my possible induction - I don't even want to think about how I'm going to get through if the OB decides to not induce on Thursday. We have an appointment to talk to her about it tomorrow. Is it selfish of me to want to induce 4 days before the due date partly because I want to get out of here so badly? (there is a legit reason for induction, I have a blood clotting disorder for which it's recommended to induce at 39 weeks).

That's ridiculous! Being overweight isn't an excuse for him to have light duty...I'm overweight (even without pregnancy)...maybe it would help his weight issues? I totally understand why you'd want to have your baby to escape that. It's hard enough doing the job of three people when you aren't pregnant, much less at the tail end of pregnancy.

I apologise for my language but what an asshole! He sounds like a complete pig! so sorry for you having to deal with that, I bet your OH wants to go in and punch the guy! 2 days is only 2 days, count down the hours and try and enjoy whatever little breaks you do get, treat yourself to something special at dinner time to cheer yourself up. I really hope when you go back to work after maternity you don't have to deal with him, otherwise keep a log of everything he does that he shouldn't, and give it to the boss, he shouldn't be allowed to behave the way he does, if you were working over here and someone treated you like that they would be sacked. Hope you get your induction, a couple of weeks either side of DD doesn't make much difference for baby anyway, it's your body that has to do the kicking out xx

Thank you. I had a heartfelt sitdown with my boss this morning and she took me off any new assignments coming in, so now all I have to do is clean up the ones I have, and if I can't, then they get passed to my partner. so that at least has helped me feel quite a bit less stressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->