• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rant! (Long)

goldlion

Mommy
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I feel almost bad for thinking this, let alone writing it.. but my mother is driving me crazy!! I'm not sure if it's just my hormones or if I'm just getting fed up with her. My mom is quite opinionated, and prefers that things are done her way. I'm quite opinionated as well, so in that sense we clash. Though otherwise, we're bestfriends. Since I've been pregnant, my mom is really offending me. I've been pretty paranoid about lots of things that can harm the baby ie: painting, cleaning products, hot baths, etc. and I tell her about them. She gets frustrated and said how they never had to worry about those things back when she had babies and that we all turned out fine. She gets almost mad at me when I tell her when I get worried.

Another thing is that I've been discussing epidurals with her and whether I choose to get one or not, and she butts in and tells me that she had four kids without one and she was fine, I can do without one and I don't need one. It upsets me because I'm different than her, and she's just forcing her ways upon me. She gets in my face about how epidurals aren't needed and I can do it on my own because she did it.

The last thing is finding out the sex of the baby... I would really like to know. I have much respect for you women who prefer to have it a surprise, you have a lot of will power! I just can't do it, I like to plan things ahead of time and prepare myself. We had an ultrasound a few days ago and were unable to find out the sex, I was upset and began to cry because I thought the tech did a terrible job. I later came to terms with it and decided that if it had to be a surprise, that I would be quite happy anyways. Since this has happened, I told her that if I got another chance to find out, I would jump on it as I still wanted to know. She got upset with me and DH and told us that finding out the sex was no fun and that we didn't need to know, saying that she didn't find out with any of us because she didn't want to. She began getting frustrated and told me that even if it's a girl, it can wear blue with baseballs and whatnot for the first 3 months and that it didn't matter. But personally, I don't want to do that. I really want to plan it out. I don't know if I'm being just too picky with her, or if I have justified reasons to be upset.......

Sorry about the length of this, ladies... really needed to let out some steam.

I understand your frustration. While my Mother has been wonderful, it is my Dad that is driving me a bit nuts. He pushed and pushed for me to get pregnant, he was still giving me a hard time right before I found out I was pregnant. He even tried to bribe my husband one time with a new motorcycle to knock me up, my DH claims he was not that serious, but I am not so sure. Then once I told him I was pregnant, he told EVERYONE, even people who I had no intention of telling I was pregnant, no matter how far along I was. Now his thing is that I AM having a boy and should name it after him. Seriously, I told him that if he wanted a baby named after him, he had better get busy and give birth!

I love my Dad, and as much as he is driving me nuts, I have been trying to just tune it out. Maybe try talking to your Mom, and let her know that you just need her to listen to your fears, and help you make decision about your pregnancy, not have her opinions pushed on you. Remind her that this is your baby,your body and your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->