Rant: No I'm not OK...

Hangin_On_AGS

Reaction score
My Dh as much as we have our troubles is very caring about my pregnancy... Sometimes way to caring. My D's has been head down and engaged since he was 16 weeks. The doctor told me as he gets bigger the pain and pressure was only going to get worse and he didn't believe Ds was going to move out of being engaged... Well he hasn't in fact now occasionally he hits a nerve or two. I'm in constant pain I feel like I could push him out any minute. And I'm OK with this. I'm use to chronic pain. But I know I just need to try and smile and keep my life going the best I can.
Dh asks seriously close to 100 times a day what's wrong and If I'm OK.... I usually answer very nicely but its getting really old. My answer didn't change from 30 seconds ago.
I appreciate him caring I just wish he only asked a few times a day. Thanks for listening

Aw, sorry you're having a rough time. I HATE Pregnancy, but love the outcomes :)
Anyhow, regarding your husband, maybe one day when you're in an ok mood you can just tell him. Tell him "thanks for always showing concern, I appreciate that, but honestly honey it's a little too much how often you're asking me, it's driving me nuts!"
I think if you let him know nicely, he will get the message. He may not even realize how often he is asking you the same damn thing. My experience with men is that they are def not mind readers, and often just need point blank to be told. If it were me I would tell him that he is driving me crazy by asking me too much.
Best wishes

Ahhh yes!!!! This all over! My OH is exactly the same. If I get up to wee in the middle of the night he wakes up in a panic and asks what's wrong. If I take a slightly heavier breath than the last, if I turn over in bed, if I don't speak for more than 15 seconds it's "you ok?!" I can't even fart without him asking if I'm alright.
A few weeks ago I went to the toilet and after 5 minutes he unlocked the door from the outside and walked straight in! Apparently he got worried about what was taking so long.. like seriously can a girl not even go for a poo in peace?! I've never been so embarrassed!
Most of the time I just bite my tongue and say yes because I know he means well and it's actually really sweet but my god is it annoying!

I 100% understand your frustration.

I've told him many times how much he tells me and I'm going to be OK and I promise I will tell him when I'm not. I think he would rather I be frustrated with him asking so much than feel like he missed something. And I can't say I entirely blame him over that. Especially with the very touch and go pregnancy and being in pain all the time. His mom is very similar in always asking but she asks once and when I say its just because baby is low and I'm uncomfortable xyz she gets it and drops it... But she had 3 kids. Lately my baby has been sitting om a nerve and I can see it kill him when I get a zinger and he can't make it go away or even make it better.... On the plus side my husband makes an amazing doula when it comes to the time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->