Rant, rant, rant!!

hexyewdancer

Mummy to Roman
Reaction score
I spent all saturday evening at the labour ward getting checked out.

A nurse from over the road came to see how i was and had a look at my ankles which since last monday have been swelled like balloons. She was shocked at how swelled they where and with me having headaches advised me to go to the labour ward to get checked out.
I also hadnt felt baby move all day.

I was there for over 5 hours as they where really busy and had a woman in theatre for an emergency c-section. My blood pressure was up and down but my urine sample contained nothing. Baby started kicking like a nutter and they put me on a machine for over an hour monitoring him. The heart rate sheet was an absolute mess as he kept kicking it off so it wasnt registering most of his heart rate. lol. Little monkey.

The MW seemed more concerned about baby and didnt once check my ankles. Maybe they could just tell from the size of them. I also mentioned my headaches but they didnt seem at all concerned about me.

They took my blood, yet again and told me to go home, rest and get booked in with my community MW this week to get my BP checked out and get the results of the blood test.

I feel so alone and unsure why i feel so ill. I cant get in with my community MW so have to see the doctor instead and i know he is going to be a waste of time as he always is. Im so frustrated and tearful. My headache just wont go away and ive had it for a week. My feet are so sore and im finding it so hard to walk. I just dont know what to do. Im so worried. Baby is moving though. Not as much as normal but the MW said thats ok as he's getting into a pattern now.

I just need to rant and moan because no one seems to understand. Although my hubby is supportive he just keeps saying if it was something bad they would have kept me in.

Is it normal to feel this crap at this stage?

awwww honey - you poor thing!
It's awful when you feel that no-one is listening... especially the docs.
When are you seeing your doctor? Mine is rubbish too and my community MW has told me to see her instead of seeing him any more!

From one fed up pregnant woman to another... :hugs:
LP
xox

Awww hon, big hugs.

The main thing is that Roman is ok. As for you, yes it's normal to feel crap at this stage, and it will probably get worse.

I cant see that they would have sent you home if they had any doubt that you were ok. They obviously dont suspect pre-eclampsia or they just wouldnt have let you go home hon.

You just try and make sure the doc listens to you, tell him you are scared and you feel crap and that you demand some reassurance from them or someone that you and Roman are ok, as the stress is going to affect your blood pressure and you just wont stand for that. Dont be afraid to say these things, it's their job to look after you and Roman to the best of their ability, and that is all you are asking from them.
If you still are not happy, then my suggestion would be to bug the living daylights out of hospital until you get the reassurance/answers you are looking for. Again, that is why they are there and what they get paid for. You simply want them to do their job.

Good luck hon and I hope you feel better soon.

xxx

Yes its totally normal to feel really crap at this stage. Sorry about your problems with the midwifes and doctors. Hope u get the answers u need. I thought after week 28 its all down hill from there. Im now week 38, still with problems although the baby is on its way now just a waiting game until waters break or a LOT more pain.

:hugs: I hope things start to look up for you soon. I'd still see your doc though just in case

Aww hun, huge :hug:, Im sorry you are feeling so crappy, I would still see your doctor but I don't think they would let you home if they thought there was a problem, as long as Roman is kicking try not to worry just rest like mad. I think its normal to feel crappy at this stage, Im only 31 weeks and feel like this, Hope you feel better soon, take care :hugs: XX

Hope you feel better Kylie, I'm sure it's normal to worry about everything - I am too!! The headache must be horrble for you, can you try to sleep as much as possible? I find it's the ony thing that helps me feel a bit better and keeping my feet up helps the swelling.

Hope the doctor is helpful, your not alone hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->