rant rant rant

lovehearts

Reaction score
So today sumone at worked asked me when i was having a baby! i said id love one now but im waiting on OH to be sure (i dont want people knowing we will be ntnp in may) and then she basically implied that i was to young to have a baby (im 22) and that i dont realise how much hard work it is. She got married at 21 and had her first at 22! i asked her is she regretted it and she said no she loves her kid but wishes that she had waited a bit to enjoy her husband a bit more. I do understand this and have heard a lot of people say it but she was implying that i just want a baby - that i dont realise how hard it is. I know it will be hard and the sleepless nights and having NO times to myself but i WANT all of that - i want to be a mommy. Im fed up of people telling me im too young and i dont understand what having kids is :growlmad: what the hell was i supposed to say to her to convince her that i now all of that! :nope: and why is it that people feel they have the right to say that to me - they dont know me, they dont know what kind of relationship i have with OH and dont know my money situation!!!

sorry guys to rant

xxxxxxxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
I understand hon, in my job as a carer I have all the old dears telling me not to have children yet, that it's too early :dohh:
At the end of the day, you're right - they don't know you, your situation or how you would cope with a LO. It's annoying when people say stuff like that, I know they mean it with the best of intentions but they all seem to have v strong opinions that aren't always welcomed!

Well atleast your not 15 and wanting to have a baby! Dont understand what wrong wi havin a baby at 22.....! Just ignor her huni :) youll be a great mummy :)
:hugs: xxxxxx

i had my baby at 21 and he was planned! Yes its hard but its worth it!!

Good luck

Aww, hon, that must be so annoying!!:hugs: I'm in the opposite situation at the moment! I keep having people tell me that if I'm so broody I should just have a baby and that of course I should ttc as soon as I'm married! I don't even have a job at the moment so you're in a better situation than me! I'm so grateful for their positivity, but it hardly makes the waiting any easier!!:dohh:

Beca :wave;

Thanx ladies. Just annoys me when people try and force thier lives on to you and what they wished they had done. We are totally different people, by the time i have a LO me and OH will have been together over 5 year and have enjoyed ourselves loads in that time.

:hugs: lil - you will be an amazing mommy too :) and ill be a virtual auntie :rofl: xxxx

It is amazing how people feel they can comment on anything.... when i was pregnant people asked me how old i was, when i replied 35 i got the opposite. 'Oh do you not wish you were pregnant sooner, are you worried about all the risks (NO BUT I AM NOW!!!)to your getting on a bit aren't you?

They are all interfering busy bodies, You are 22 and yes your young but your old enough obviously to be in the position to give a child a good home. Go for it I say!

Best to do it now when you're not a worn out old hag! :p

:hugs: All that should matter is that you have the love and money to be able to support a child. I'm 22 with a one year old and I love it.

Your 22 not to young at all

Maybe she was trying to say you never know how hard it is until your there if ya get me. I thought I was prepared for it all and I used to get annoyed when they used to say I am in for a shock

And I was a baby is a shock to your system but a good one :D You might not think it when your up at 4 in the morning doing a night feed but its all worth it.

Just say I may not know the reality fo being a mum yet but I think on a whole I am ready to take that on
xx

I was 20 when I fell pregnant, 21 when I gave birth and I don't regret it at all. Some people are just born to be mothers :shrug: I don't miss anything about my prebaby life really :\

Thank you girls - you all know how to cheer me up! i know it will be a big shock but im ready for that and thats what i want. by the time i have a bubba i will be nearly 24 so in my mind that is not too young at all!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"