Rant time!

sunshine20

Reaction score
OHs dads girlfriend said I'm an idiot for not wanting drugs and for wanting a home birth.
She's never had kids.
She's never even seen someone in labor.
How is she suddenly an expert on childbirth?!

Oh god, one of those.
If I had a penny for every time I heard that I'd be a millionaire!
People like that really don't have a clue, they're so closed minded(although I respect it's a personal choice). Just ignore anything she has to say on the matter, and if needs be put her in her place!
Try not to get worked up over her, she's not worth it x

lol they just come outta the wood work dont they, just tell her that when she has a baby she can have an opinion but each to their own.

Oh I've had that from a person who for all three of her kids had scheduled caesareans, she laughed at me when i told her I wanted to be as natural as possible, also she keeps telling me to take whatever they offer me cos it will be so painful

I just laugh at those type of people and remind them of their ignorance!

Yeah, I'd just giggle at her...What do these people think women did before the invention of drugs? My cousin is one of the people that as soon as the pain started to kick in he wanted anything she could get...I did a 9lb9 baby naturally!!

People laughed at me too when I said I was having a drug-free home birth. I'm the kind of person who (used to I might add) stub my toe, bang my elbow and well up. Sure showed them when I had a fantastic birth, utterly drug-free, found it challenging but not exactly painful, more 'intense', and popped my little man out in 7 and a half hours of active labour. No tearing, just a slight graze, and my husband and mum were amazed at how, in their words, 'calm and quiet' I was. More low moans than screaming apparently. I don't remember, I was in the zone!
Load of crap. The main reason people think it's painful is down to fear of the process itself. Fear something and it's worse. Embrace it and it'll fall into place.

And apart from anything else... Er if you haven't given birth yourself how the heck would you know? Oh right so I'm an expert on building houses. Even though I've never done it.

People are so ridiculous! Just smile and say "Well that's your opinion." There is really no point in listening to rude people like her. She's probably intimidated by you and the fact that you are strong enough to do it without drugs. Go you!

^ wss! id ignore it or laugh in her face!

Oh I've had that from a person who for all three of her kids had scheduled caesareans, l

Same here!! It took all the restraint in the world not to point out to her that I HAVE given birth naturally before and she hasn't and am therefore in a slightly better position to know what it's like! I would never be that insensitive though. She, apparently, had no such concerns and told me exactly what she thought!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->