Rant!!

Samanth

Mummy to a VIP & Engaged
Reaction score
Where to start? I have a lot of support of my famiky and luje, but right now i'm so down I fon.t have one friend that I can talk to openly, talk on the pgone text etc, I just wish I had a few friends who knew what its like with a prem, I sound so stupid, but I can't stop crying i'm literally breaking :(

Least I have my amazing bnb ladies

i think its probably natural to feel alone, i felt like that with my lo, because unless you have been through the whole nicu then you cant really even begin to understand. the ladies here are fab and we are all here whenever you need a rant or just fancy a moan :) xx

The only solution is to find prem mum friends, that what I did. Is there a
Bliss support group near by? If not, why not start one? Failing that, ask your HV if she can put you in touch with Prem mums or even put a flyer up at your local SCBU.

It's a double whammy as you might have also missed your antenatal classes like I did (both times!) and have no baby friends let alone prem baby ones! there will always be someone round on here, where abouts in the country are you? There might even be someone local on here?

Your comment about crying all the time - tons of first time preemie mums get struck down with PND / PTSD and constant crying is a possible symptom to watch out for - I won't lie I was terrible with my first, but it can be managed def worth nipping it in the bud though and I'm sure you will find your GP very sympathetic. Have you joined some of us on fb?
Im more than happy to add you, pm me if you want my details.

My lo was born at 27+5 & is now 39+6 & we are still in SCBU having been in NICU for 74 days. Please feel free to contact me at any time to talk, rant or cry as the chances are I've been there & will know what your feeling

I seriously don't know what I'd have done without the ladies from here - AtomicPink and Dona even came to see us in NICU! I remember being in tears on the phone to Dona on at least one occasion, and lots of hugs from Atomic Pink :)

Definitely find out if there's anyone local to you, or a Bliss support group. Do any of the other mums in NICU seem friendly? We talked to a couple of other mums and it's really helpful to speak to other people who are in the same situation.

I'm often around on FB chat as well. :hugs:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"