wife,mother & myself
Reaction score
so angry im shaking.
:growlmad:
but would probarly offend if i say why.
AAAAAAAAAGHH

...i dont wanna cause a debate e.t.c
but this time every year things like this happen:
im at work and 2 guys come in playing a loud annoying instrument and i just sit here wishing they would go awy and play with my nails and avoid eye contact.. and they are holding out something and rattling it (for money) i say (after a while) i cant give you anything, they stop the guy gives me a look like he wished me dead and said then tell me so im not waiting and they left. it was like they spat in my face the way they looked at me. i got another woman yesterday singing christmas song and shaking a bell and i just gave her some coins and she left but i cant afford to keep giving out money because im embarassed and they will look at me like that. i have to get my sons vaccinations and i do NOT have the money and my mil is giving it to us, so im angry at people who do this and im angry im made to feel quilty for not giving them anything. it feels like beeing harassed. it happens at least 2-3 times a day. in my car at the lights at work.. AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH

:hugs:
That's awful, no one should feel pressured into 'giving' by the very name 'giving'. Charity should be voluntary and if you can't afford it or just don't want to give then why should you have to?

to top it off i told my "friend" on facebook who just 10 mins ago was going on about how angry she is just for having a little squabble with her mum (this happens all the time) and she said so what big deal,why did yu tell me i dont give a damn.
i blocked her. and fuuuuuuuurious

It's a big deal because it made you feel bad, the silly moo.:flower:

yeah and i offer her support no matter what she tells me, and thats almost every single day and i never ever say i dont care or anything like that.

You friend isnt a friend at all hun by the sounds of it.

As for the other thing .. its difficult, I like to give to charities ... very often im the one with the collecting tin collecting money for charities.

I would feel devastated if i though id made someone feel bad for not giving .... that's not what its all about (i never 'rattle' my tin at people BTW lol)

You cant give to everyone all the time, know one can and you shouldn't be made to feel bad about it.

:hugs:

the thing is shes always like this every day of the 5 years i know her. all she wants to do is talk about her herself and her some more and i listen and give advice no matter what she says. ts almost always about her new fling old fling or future fling.
anyway i dont care about her because i knew long ago that i have no friends. but the other thing bothers me and gives me a big pain in my chest.

:hugs: dont feel bad hun. im sure no one will feel offended, god if we gave money to chairty everytime we saw a charity box we'd be broke!! Chairty begins at home as they say, so if you need that money then dont feel bad for not giving it away

aww hun - totally agree, you can't give money to every cause, and people shouldn't make you feel guilty about that.

and also - you have lots of friends on here :hugs:

if you know which charity it is you can report them for harshing behaviour,
if you are in uk they have to have ID to prove that they are collecting honestly and i thought they werent allowed to rattle tins in your face, they are just supposed to stand and be quite

its not uk here and there arent too many rules about this. its NOT for charities. its just people who dont have money and they usually tell me they lost their husband have kids e..t.c

Aw, that's horrible. But they really are used to people saying no too, so don't feel like you're the only one not giving them money. Just blank them out if they are going to be rude enough to rattle something in your face. There are so many charities out collecting this time of year that I would be in need of charity myself if I gave to them all. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to let it get you down or make you feel bad. Unfortunately I think one has to put on a bit of emotional armor in these situations.

Sounds like a smart move to block the emotional vampire ''friend'' you had there.

I know what you mean hun, We have these kind of people who try too come in the restaurant where I work and 9 times out of 10 they are very rude and stick a tin in your face, you don't really have a choice but to give money or they will make a scene. It's awful I'd much rather give money too a legit charity where i know they wont blow the money. Do what I do when they walk in just say straight away "No Thank you" and they have no reason to stick around xx
p.s I don't think you need self obsessed people like your friend in your life xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->