Rash/Spots on face & Constipation

mellllly

Mummy to 3 under 4!
Reaction score
Hiya!
Sophie woke up yesterday and she has little red spots on her face. Almost looks like heat rash on her forehead and cheeks.
She does not have a temperture or anything and seems to be ok in herself.

My friend who is a midwife said it is quite normal if it is only on her face and not to worry too much about it, obviously cant help but worry!! Has anyone else had this?

She also hasnt been for a poo since yesterday around lunchtime, lots of wind but she seems uncomfortable. I am a bit worried. What can I do?

Thanks

Hi,

Imogen had the spots on her face too at that age, they cleared up after a couple of weeks. I was worrying about it too but was also reassured that it is quite normal!

When Imogen is constipated I usually give her an ounce of cool, boiled water which seems to do the trick maybe you could try that if she is struggling?

Austin has been struggling getting his wind out so i have been giving him Infacol which seems to have helped alot :)

Thanks!! How cool does the water have to be? When do you give it to them?

I did get some Infacol, do you give it before the feed? Does that help with constipation?

sounds like it could be milk spots if the midwife isn't worried about it.

Leave the water in the kettle for half an hour to cool. Once its in the bottle just double check the temperature and if its still a bit warm just pop in a jug of cold water for a couple of minutes. Its best to give water at a time when your LO isn't hungry, so between feeds would probably best.

Infacol will help bring up wind, but not with constipation, so if she's struggling to bring her wind up give before each feed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->