Raspberry leaf capsules

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Today I purchased some raspberry leaf capsules from Holland and Barrett..
However there are no 'instructions' for pregnancy on the tub, I never expected there to be really, I think I was just hoping.
So now im a bit stuck.. it just says take 1 to 6 capsules a day...

So, im 31 weeks on Monday, and want to start taking them from then..
how many should I take and how often?
and when should I up them?

thanks in advance :flower:

I'm no expert but I've heard ladies say on b&b you build it up - start with 2/3 a day with meals then build up to the max within a few weeks.

Interested to hear what others say as I'm intending on taking them myself in a few weeks xx

I'm wanting to start on these,I'm just over 34 weeks but I need to see if they r safe to use while on blood thinning injections

ive just taken one.. I think ill start on 2 a day for a while then work my way up :) everywhere I research says different so I guess it doesn't really matter, I dunno x

No expert but i had the tea from 35 weeks, about 2 cups a day, then at 37 weeks 3 cups a day. Once i was in labour he was born within 2 hours, so will be doing the same again!

What does the RLC do?? Do you think it will be safe to take with pregnancy vitamins as I'm still taking them x

Are they the 400mg ones? If so i took them last time and have a stash ready for this time too.
I took 1 capsule 3 times a day from 32wks them at 35wks upped it to 2 capsules 3 times a day. Im planning on doing the same this time.
I cant comment on labour without using it as i'v never done it but i had a pretty short labour with no pain relief last time, if its similar this time i'l be quite happy so i'm trying to do exactly the same!

Yep I'm taking the same h&b ones.

I started off at 34 weeks taking 1 three times a day (morning, lunch and evening). Then from 35 weeks taking four tablets a day (2 in the morning, 1 at lunch, 1 in the evening), Then from 36 weeks taking 5 tablets... (2 in the morning, 2 at lunch, 1 in the evening) and finally from 37 weeks i will be taking 6 tablets a day (2 in the morning, 2 at lunch and 2 in the evening).

My midwife advised this as it gets it into your system and builds it up well before 37 weeks... then from 37 weeks just continue the 6 a day until baby gets here, infact midwife advised me to keep taking them after baby gets here as can help with pp bleeding etc.

x

Just stalking...I've got the same capsules and was going to post this week to ask! x

This is a good thread to read

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

They apparently tone the uterus ready for childbirth suffolksazzle :)
I think anyway!
worth a try I guess, anything to try make labour a little easier/shorter..
im going to continue to take them afterwards too as a friend used them and said she is sure they helped her uterus go back to size quicker after pregnancy.. shes so slim and toned again 4 months after baby! x

thank u for replies all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->