Raspberry leaf tea for fertility

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by ducky1502, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ducky1502

ducky1502 Well-Known Member

I have some RLT capsules left over from when I was trying to induce baby no.1 and I have been doing some research. Some sites claim RLT taken up until ovulation is great for fertility. It can cause uterine contractions so taking past ovulation (same as EPO) isn't advised.

Anyone know anymore? Or dosage? :flower:

2. Caricus

Caricus Active Member

I've heard it both ways, take it up to ovulation, or through your entire cycle. The dosage I've seen is 1,000 mg daily. I'm too new to post links, but that's from the trying to conceive site, in the how to section. Personally, I have one cup of red raspberry leaf tea daily.

3. Stellae

Stellae Well-Known Member

pretty much everywhere I've read up on it has said drink it/take it unless you're in your first trimester, so to be safe I drink it until O day. It's supposed to be full of vitamins etc., but I doubt anything but trace amounts make it into the tea water (probably along with the chemical in it that's similar to estrogen), so pills probably work better!

4. ducky1502

ducky1502 Well-Known Member

Any idea of dosage?

5. kittylady

kittylady Mother of 3, due #4

I don't know but I drank the tea up to ov as well as taking a few other suppliments this month :)