Raspberry Leaf Tea Thinking about it??

dannyboygirl

Mom to Baby Cubz
Reaction score
Hello everyone...:happydance:

When do you start??What does it do?? Is that the right name for it??:cry:

I've been taking it for the last week and I cant really tell you if it works until after I've given birth!

Its supposed to help regulate hormones and stimulate the uterus, so that when the big day comes you're all soft and supple and have a shorter labour time and such.

You can take it after 34 (or maybe 32) weeks pregnant. You're supposed to work your way up to drinking 4 cups a day... quite frankly... 2 cups of any hot drink in a day is enough for me, but I'm working on it... anything it make the whole process easier :p

I'm thinking its not going to make a BIG difference, but I figure, every little bit helps. I'm also doing a bit of research into Evening Primrose Oil and black and blue cohoshes - but i'm going to talk to my midwife about those on thursday before I add those to my health regime.

Also, I think raseberry leaf tea doesn't taste particularly good, so I mix it with another herbal tea for flavour - my tea if choice is camomile and vanilla tea and I add some honey to sweeten - very yummy indeed!

I tried taking it a few weeks ago and was up at night with bad stomach pains and cramps so I stopped, just in case lol

And i've just started this week drinking it again.. Dont know if it will induce labour, but it is supposed to help condition your uterus muscles.

I've been taking it for the last week and I cant really tell you if it works until after I've given birth!

Its supposed to help regulate hormones and stimulate the uterus, so that when the big day comes you're all soft and supple and have a shorter labour time and such.

You can take it after 34 (or maybe 32) weeks pregnant. You're supposed to work your way up to drinking 4 cups a day... quite frankly... 2 cups of any hot drink in a day is enough for me, but I'm working on it... anything it make the whole process easier :p

I'm thinking its not going to make a BIG difference, but I figure, every little bit helps. I'm also doing a bit of research into Evening Primrose Oil and black and blue cohoshes - but i'm going to talk to my midwife about those on thursday before I add those to my health regime.

Also, I think raseberry leaf tea doesn't taste particularly good
, so I mix it with another herbal tea for flavour - my tea if choice is camomile and vanilla tea and I add some honey to sweeten - very yummy indeed!

Really!? I think it tastes pretty good by itself, but you have to steep it for long enough. It tastes like crap if its weak

Now I dont use the tea - I have the tablet form - because I have a massive oversion to raspberries.....this doesnt make any sense as the tea tastes of the leaves and not the hairy little red monsters, but hey....I'm weird like that....

The tablets can be taken safely from 30 wks BUT I did some reading and decided to go with 33. I started on 2 per day then upped it to 4 at about 37 wks I think. I think they do encourage BH's to differing degrees in different women. As Chelle said they're not to induce labour - it's a uterine 'tonic'.

I'd also recommend the Evening Primrose Oil. In my first pregnancy I went over due by 10 days before being induced and when examined my cervix had not softened at all. I was examined internally just over a week ago and again a couple of days later and both MW's said how lovely and soft my cervix is - they described it as 'favourable' so I was happy I'd been using them - I took 2 orally from 36 weeks and inserted 2 at night from 37.

x

So what does it actually taste like then if no of raspberries? Come on girls help blondie out over here lol

So what does it actually taste like then if no of raspberries? Come on girls help blondie out over here lol

:rofl:

The tablets taste like nettles!!!! Dunno about the tea though - I just know it's often confused with the regular raspberry fruit tea!!

These are the ones I get -

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Natures-Aid-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

They say 750mg equivalent and the dose is 2 tablets.

x

I'm on the tablets too as I hate the tea!!! I take 2 day and have done from 34 weeks. I did this with my last pregnancy x

I was drinking the tea as and when I remembered (which is pointless I know!) I didn't mind the taste before but I've totally gone off it now. I tried drinking it again last week and threw up *Yeerrrkkk!* I've tried getting the tablets and everywhere is always out of stock. *sigh*

I was drinking the tea as and when I remembered (which is pointless I know!) I didn't mind the taste before but I've totally gone off it now. I tried drinking it again last week and threw up *Yeerrrkkk!* I've tried getting the tablets and everywhere is always out of stock. *sigh*

Ebay!!!

i had the tablets with my last pregnancy and had a speedy 4 hour labour was 8cm when arrived at the hospital and 2 pushes for her to come out!!! big tear though..... And that 4 hours is looking back at when i think it started - i was actually only in any pain for about 2 hours! may be the tabs but could also be a coincidence......... goodness knows what will happen this time - i'm very nervous of it coming out at home and catching me by surprise!!!!!!!!! on the other hand i bet i end up with 30 hours and a caesarean!!!

i brought some on ebay but they are not here yet they are 425 mg. cant find anywhere that has proper dosage instructions everywhere says something diff

These are the ones I get -

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Natures-Aid-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

They say 750mg equivalent and the dose is 2 tablets.

x

These are the ones I take, Well have only been on them two days, mw said last week about taking them. Bottle says take two which I do, but you say you have increased your dosage from that?

If so, should I wait a bit longer you think before doing so? x

These are the ones I take, Well have only been on them two days, mw said last week about taking them. Bottle says take two which I do, but you say you have increased your dosage from that?

If so, should I wait a bit longer you think before doing so? x

I have gone to 4 a day since 38 wks. Sup to you hun! x

I took rasberry leaf tablets and evening primrose capsule from about 36 weeks, had a sweep at 38 weeks and was 2cm dilated and cervix was favourable...i increased the dose at 39 wks and took about 4 of each a day and i went itno labour the day before i was due...i dilated from 2-9cm in 2 hours so i think this did have an effect!! xx

My dr told me no because she doesn't know anything about it and she won't look into it...I tried to talk to a midwife but they wouldn't let me...sooo angry..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->