• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

rawr double testing for GD & mysterious weightloss >(

N

Nerdy

New OB wants to test me twice for GD. Once here in two weeks, and then again at 28 weeks. Sigh. I KNOW I will fail the 1 hour by like 2 points, I did last time, and then the 4 hour will be a cake walk. And it will happen both times. Le sigh.

On the WEIRD side... I've lost 20 lbs in a month. Yes, I'm eating, yes the scale was correctly calibrated. I don't SEE the loss, but it's apparently gone poof into the ether :shrug: and I was grilled on whether or not I was eating. Now writing a food log is a must AND I've been told to start drinking Ensure or Carnation Instant Breakfasts or something similar. I eat like a vulture and when I'm hungry and try to keep things protein heavy. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with DS and then in the months following, I dropped 70 lbs way too fast. Gallbladder came out and it all came back no matter what I did to stop it. My body... Is a mystery. Anyone have anything similar happen?

Oh and baby's BPM was 150. Waiting for my US appointment to be booked as OB wants a level 2 done to ID gender, check just how low is low for my placenta, and get a general feel for everything since he's only just being brought in on my case as I had to switch OBs due to insurance. Hooray for thorough!

This sounds so familiar right now. I was diagnosed with GD a few days ago, and while I wasnt losing weight, I also haven't gained very much, so my dietician now has me testing ketones before each meal. Pretty much, even though I thought I was overeating, I actually wasn't eating enough and burning fat stores instead.

This sounds so familiar right now. I was diagnosed with GD a few days ago, and while I wasnt losing weight, I also haven't gained very much, so my dietician now has me testing ketones before each meal. Pretty much, even though I thought I was overeating, I actually wasn't eating enough and burning fat stores instead.

How strange! I wonder if there's a correlation. I lost weight with my last pregnancy, but no GD even though I failed my one hour. The four hour, though AWFUL to go through, was an easy pass.

Last night I chowed down on 3 slices of pizza, and 2 brownies. after eating a tuna sandwich for lunch and a big bowl of ceral for breakfast. I don't know how much more I can be eating, you know? :shrug: Same thing happened last pregnancy... I had a 10lb 3oz baby, so it definitely didn't hurt him any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->