re pierce top hole belly button

mum2be257

Reaction score
Well tried to put my bar back in and the top hole has closed. Im a bit squeamish and can't quite push it through. Is it safe to do this? Has anyone done it? X

I did it after taking my bar out at 30 weeks. I put it back in about two weeks after my LO was born. It had closed a little but I just pushed it through. It didn't hurt but it has been pierced for about 12 years so I've had it a long time. If you're worried about infection you could have it done professionally again? To prevent infection I thoroughly cleaned area/ hands then out my bar in boiling water for five mins. It's been back in for 8 months now and thankfully had n problems x

Did it go in quite easily then? Can see the skin is thin but seems to be taking quite a bit of pushing x

Hi - I went to the local piercing shop and the lady put my bar back in for me in 2 seconds. Mine hadnt closed totally but was just alot smaller so i couldnt do it myself. Probably best to just go and get a "professional" to do it as they will have all the correct sterile equipment. xx

Mine was like that! I sterilised everything and then did it after a hot shower so my skin was really soft, didn't hurt at all x

I took my belly bar out at 27 weeks pregnant cos it was hurting and i put it back in when my baby was 2 weeks old and it didnt really want to go in so i had to force it in but it didnt hurt or anything it was a bit sore after for a couple of days but i just kept it clean and its fine now!

It's likely it won't need repierced but something the piercer can sort out in a flash

Thanks, it had a tiny white scab on it and picked that off. Sterilized bar, put it back in straight away, the hole re appeared! How strange but very happy!

i want to redo mine.
its been out for 2 yrs now but when i last tried to put the bar in about 3 weeks ago i can see the end of the bar pushing through but it just wont go through iykwim? like you ladies have already said... so think ill have to get it redone or do it myself with a needle.. :(

how long did you all have yours out for? x

I think mine was out for about 5 months. It was just the top that had started to heal but got it through x

well i did it :D
had to pull a scab off & its a little red & sore so am cleaning with saline solution :/
just hope it doesnt get infected.
fingers crossed. xx

I had mine out for about 2 years and had the same thing when trying to put a bar in again. I ended up doing it myself but I don't know if thats recommended or not.

I had mine out for about 2 years and had the same thing when trying to put a bar in again. I ended up doing it myself but I don't know if thats recommended or not.

i did mine myself, just sterilized the bar & washed my hands etc. xx

Yeah mine wasn't too bad either was just a bit sore for a couple of days. DH nagged me to put it back in lol looks much better than just having a hole above my belly button!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->