Reaction to butternut squash...?

baby1wanted

Reaction score
Hi all. Ds has been having purées for last 3 weeks.
He's had butternut squash three times now and each time he has terrible wind and sleeps badly that night.
Does anyone know if squash is known for this? Don't know if it's coincidence or not...

It's probably just higher in fibre than other things you're feeding him. But I wouldn't be concerned. Just continue to offer it like you would anything else. Weaning is really hard on their digestive systems at first and things that are high in fibre can be especially gassy. Unless its' causing a severe reaction (like an allergy - vomiting, rash, red swollen face/tongue, etc.), it's not to be worried about. You could consider just holding off on offering it until he's more adjusted to solids as it's likely to make him less gassy.

Also, I should add, that starting weaning caused horrible sleep disturbances for us. We waited until 6 months and she didn't even really eat a lot to start, but it led to about a month of wind, gurgly tummy all night (we bedshared, so I could hear it just churning and bubbling) and poor sleep. Once she adjusted, it got better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->