Real Nappies - What do I need to Buy

kglo

Mum of 3 Boys
Reaction score
Real nappies are so confusing that I cannot work out what I need to buy.

I plan to use real nappies full time from birth.

I want to buy a mixture of brands.

I know i want all in ones.

What do I need to buy? Do I need boosters, inserts etc etc.

I want to buy everything I will need to make my real nappy experience is a successful one.

Please advise, Thank You

My favorite topic:) Littlestar has an article she wrote about getting started with cloth in her signature if you search for posts by her you will find it :)

Other than that....
when you say all in ones is it that you want nappies with inbuilt waterproof layers or literal AIOs where all the inserts/boosters are already sewn into the nappy and dont come out? The true AIOs are great but can take a long time to dry esp in winter.
Would you also look at nappies with pockets (where you simply put an insert into the pocket and its ready to use) or snap in types where they inserts/boosters snap into poppers in the outer of the nappy (like a Pop-In)
AIO brand type the only ones I can recommend from personal experience are Itti Bitti d'lish AIO and Bumgenius Organic AIO and Bumgenius sized AIO. Of the three the most versatile are the BG Organic. You may want to have a look at the review thread we have here, that should give you a look at a few different types.

With regards boosters and inserts, if you go for true AIOs then you shouldnt need anything extra (perhaps fleece liners if you choose to use them) at first, you may require extra boosters when you establish how heavy a wetter your LO is but its likely you would only need to add extra boosting to nappies at night.
Other than that if you have a nappy pail (a box, bin...anything will do!) and a washing machine you are good to go!

^^ wss

I also like Cushie Tushie all in ones. Bare in mind with all in ones though the drying times, they do take significantly longer so if you don;t have a tumble dryer you may need to buy more of this kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->