Real Nappy Scheme?

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Has anyone used their local council's real nappy scheme?

Our council offers a choice, either

* a free trial pack that contains 2 nappies, 10 disposable paper liners and 1 care leaflet
* £30 cash back when you spend £50 on cloth nappies, you just have to keep proof for purchase

So my question :)

With the £30 cash back does it all have to be nappies all from 1 company? does it only have to be certain makes of nappy? like a recognised brand you buy in a shop or can i use it against online store nappies like weenotions etc?

with our council you have to spend £60 and it has to be all in one transaction but you can use online retailers as long as you have proof of purchase like an invoice printed with your name and address

for mine i had to spend at least £50 to claim £25 back. you could buy from anywhere.

thanks girls, well I was considering using the £30 back when spending £50 to but some WNNN however that would be for when baby is older ...... will they let me d that or does it have to be first size nappies?

Our council doesnt offer BOG ALL....I was so cross. Wish I could have gotten £25 or £30 off nappies :(

Hi.

The vouchers usually have to be reedemed at one shop, all in one go and your council will specify certain terms and condition on what you can redeem on and what not. Postage is usually not covered either.

P.S the retailer has to be signed with your council, you can't just use them anywhere, registered reatilers are usually listed on your councils website and in the info pack you'll get with the voucher. it should also be on the retailers website. Not entirely sure on CB though.

Blimey with ours all you got was 1 free nappy and that took months to arrive!!

We never got anything and apparently they have no plans to introduce such a scheme in the future x

We never got anything and apparently they have no plans to introduce such a scheme in the future x

thats rubbish!! where abouts r u?

We (lancashire) get a £45 voucher

Chester council gave us £25 or 1 month's free laundering service (worth about £45 I think).

I live in London and not only do my council offer nothing, they also have a really negative view on reusables, hinting heavily to weigh up the costs of the extra washing when it comes to saving money!

TUT.

It's daft how different councils take such a different view. Our London council (Merton) directs you to the Kingston & Merton Real Nappy Network who offer a subsidised trial kit to residents. I paid £25 for it but it's gone up to £40 now. I thought it was great when I first got it but looking back it was pretty rubbish - you get 3 wraps, 6 or 7 nappies (they count two prefolds and a muslin in that number), a pack of paper liners, a few fleece liners and a lidded bucket. All the nappies were 2-parters, which I didn't like at all. It would be much better if they'd included a pocket nappy, an AIO etc. The only thing I'm really still using is the bucket. I might write to them actually and suggest they update the kit a bit!

i got £30 cheque when i provided proof of purchase £50 or more.... i sent a few different online reciepts from diff companies and products and it was all good :)

Ours is average I guess. You get £10 back/off a £30 spend but it has to be bought only from one of the 2 people listed on the website, 1 of which the link didnt work, second link they only sold 2 parters and older type of nappies and the 3rd link didnt work either, so I emailed the admin and she said it was her personal shop and she hadnt realised the domian or whatever had expired! Anyway I spend £33 and only paid for £23, there was no physical vouchers or reciepts I had to send off which is good I suppose but it would have been nice if the site was working so I could have seen everything she had!!

we get 12 free nappies! or £30 cash back! or £30 towards washing costs!

I got a £45 voucher but it was only for certain local nappy retailers. I got 2 BBs and a WN! :D So, check with them that it's not for specific local places! x

I have been trying to find out about this, although no-one seems to have a clue?!

Will investigate more tomorrow me thinks ;)

we have to provide a proof of purchase for a fall pack of nappies - get your HV to sign a form and then they will send a cheque for £30!

I was going to send mine off but need to find my receipt for my bum genius nappies that I bought! eek

Ours gives £25 back if you spend £50 or over. We sent in two receipts from e-bay since we bought pre-loved nappies and got the check not too long after sending them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->