Really bad acne, help!

seabump

Reaction score
I've been having horrible forehead and chin acne since Week4, now week 7 and it's only getting worse. I wash my face twice a day with a gentle cleanser, keep my hair out of my face, no makeup, non-clogging moisturizer but nothing is helping. Any recommendations? My doctor said salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide should be avoided if possible. Not sure what else to try :(

My skin has been horrible since day 1. I am now going on 15 weeks and it's still no better. I just bought a bar of Purpose soap in hopes that it might help.. (I was using a wash that had salicylic acid in it until I read about it being a big no-no)

I have had to see a dermatologist for both of my pregnancies. He recommended a pretty coarse scrubber...like an exfoliating pad with a benzoyl peroxide wash. It was called panoxyl I think. And my OB said it was fine. Just avoid salicylic acid and retin-A products. He said to be pretty aggressive with the washing especially if it's body acne. Also, sunshine is great for acne. Mine always cleared up in the summer :) hope this helps!

I've been using African black soap as my cleansing bar followed by a fruit enzyme scrub. You leave it on for like 5 minutes, and it does burn, but it works! Been using the Mychelle one.

Good luck!

I have no advice, but wanted you to know that you are not alone! I have terrible acne with this pregnancy, and I did with my son, too.

The Approved Meds list my dr gave me has Proactive on it. I've never tried it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->