Really bad chesty cough...

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
I know I'm being stupid, but can't help but feel like every time I cough I'm hurting the baby somehow? i know that sounds ridiculous but my daughter and I have an awful cold for a week. been coughing so hard at times I've nearly been sick and it sometimes hurts my lower abdomen. I don't see the MW for another couple of weeks and I can't feel the baby move yet so I just feel a little bit anxious :(

anybody else had this?

Also sorry if this is TMI :blush: been coughing so hard that my pelvic floor muscles are failing me!!! :cry: this hasn't really happened to me before... please tell me this goes away after pregnancy! - i could understand a bit more if I was big and heavily pregnant but I don't even have a bump at all yet. (am only 14 weeks)

Your baby will be fine :) i have asthma and its been hell for almost 2 months.
Ive also noticed if i cough too hard i will wee a little. Which has never happened to me either :(

Thank you for replying Hun xxx sorry to hear your asthma has been bad :( xxx

I hope our pelvic floor issues are just temporary! :-/ x fingers crossed xxx

I have the beginnings of a cold, bunged up nose and headache and I'm frightened to death to take any pain relief just in case it does anything which is completely stupid. Also being allergic to paracetamol really sucks.
With regards to pelvic floor I had problems last pregnancy even after doing all the pelvic exercises but after baby it was all OK.

I have the beginnings of a cold, bunged up nose and headache and I'm frightened to death to take any pain relief just in case it does anything which is completely stupid. Also being allergic to paracetamol really sucks.
With regards to pelvic floor I had problems last pregnancy even after doing all the pelvic exercises but after baby it was all OK.

oh no! that's such a shame you can't take paracetamol :( People recommended honey and lemon in hot water to me. I've just bought some halls soothers throat sweets, there's nothing medicinal in them they're basically a load of sugar - but they do sort of clear your nose a little bit x

ah thank goodness! I do my pelvic floor exercises all the time but I'm beginning to worry I'm not doing them right or something xxx

i have a terrible cold right now, and every time i sneeze i pee just a tiny bit. it's horrible, lol! i'm just wearing a panty liner at all times now just in case i sneeze!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->