Really bad headaches anyone?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Never had an issue with headaches but three weeks ago to the day, I've been experiencing 2-3 horrid headaches a day. I wake up 90% of the time with a headache. Some I would even classify as migraines complete with light sensitivity. I've contacted my OB and neonatologist and spoke with their nurses who are clearly terrible at their jobs based off the fact that one heard headache and immediately said I needed antibiotics (uhm....ok?) and the other one just said "it's normal".

My frustration with the "it's normal" comment comes from me being a medical professional myself and she asked no questions to assess the situation. She didn't ask about severity, aggravating factors, onset, visual changes, swelling....nothing. No damned question that she should have asked to determine "it's normal". It most likely is normal, and that's based off my own assessment and answering my own questions...

So, I just want wondering (hoping?) that someone could shed a similar experience? Anybody just have sudden onset of headaches, anyone have tips to alleviate?

I've been diffusing frankincense, taking naps when possible and avoid the light and all noise when it's really bad...I've just never have had this and this is my third baby.

:(

Is your blood pressure ok? I'd really kick up a fuss with the OB over frequent headaches, they can be a symptom of preeclampsia. Occasional headaches are normal - I get them sometimes when baby has a growth spurt, and I know other women get them - but not severe frequent ones.

Agree with Mrs. K - I get them occassionally too but I have horrible allergies and they are usually sinus related headaches. Or, I can take a couple Tylenol and they go away.

It is definitely not "normal", at least the way you described it. I second the idea to kick up a huge fuss. As Mrs. K said, frequent bad headaches could be a sign of preeclampsia and that is nothing to triffle with. Are you monitoring your blood pressure?

Is your blood pressure ok? I'd really kick up a fuss with the OB over frequent headaches, they can be a symptom of preeclampsia. Occasional headaches are normal - I get them sometimes when baby has a growth spurt, and I know other women get them - but not severe frequent ones.

Agree with Mrs. K - I get them occassionally too but I have horrible allergies and they are usually sinus related headaches. Or, I can take a couple Tylenol and they go away.

It is definitely not "normal", at least the way you described it. I second the idea to kick up a huge fuss. As Mrs. K said, frequent bad headaches could be a sign of preeclampsia and that is nothing to triffle with. Are you monitoring your blood pressure?

Hi mrsKchicago and amythst!
I thought the same thing but aside from the headaches there's nothing else. My swelling is mild and limited to my lower extemities (I work 40-68 hrs a week). My fingers were a tad bit sausagey today though haha .... I'm 5'9.5 and started this pregnancy at 122lbs, now I have stabilized for the last three weeks at 156/158. There is no protein in my urine (checked every ob visit) There is no family history of it (that I know of) and my BP has consistently staid and never gone above 115/70 and has fluctuated below that.

So, it's just not likely. I tether on the really low BP end mostly...maybe that?

They hurt so bad they just don't "feel" normal- though by medical standards they technically are...so it's hard to get doctors and nurses so "care"? If that makes sense. 😔😔 it's like a throbbing stabbing pain localized to my left eye, sometimes it radiate across the head... But mainly sharp localized pounding headache.

This baby will be huge if that's why I'm having them too lol!

I'm glad you don't have any other pre-e symptoms. I wish I had some other advice, maybe you're just unlucky this time around. Are you expecting a boy? Maybe different hormones are causing different symptoms.

I had headaches last 2 weeks and would sometimes wake up with the headache. BP was normal every day and not linked to pre-eclampsia. I did some research and found out higher doses of Vit C may cause headaches. I had been fine taking it before with my iron supplement. I stopped taking it and the headaches have stopped. Is there anything else that you are taking? I also don't use castor oil as it seems to set off headaches. I used Tylenol at that time which made it bearable. I was surprised by the headache as I never had migraines or even headache with colds. Also try and sleep with head slightly elevated to prevent rushing of blood to the head which could make it worse.

I've been having terrible constant headaches too :(!

Blood pressures always on the low side so not pre e. Hope u start feeling a bit better soon!!

X

Headaches in pregnancy are normal. A week or so ago i had one all day, every day for about 5 days straight. some of them were 'migraine' bad, that made me feel sick to my stomach and i was extremely sensitive to light and sound. Take some tylenol, lay down, sleep, and try to relax.

Headaches in pregnancy are normal. A week or so ago i had one all day, every day for about 5 days straight. some of them were 'migraine' bad, that made me feel sick to my stomach and i was extremely sensitive to light and sound. Take some tylenol, lay down, sleep, and try to relax.

Ugh that sounds like mine!

I just went to the eye doctor today and he shed some light to my issues. Even before I told him my symptoms he was saying "I bet you feel..." And nailed everything. Down to my crappy night vision. I wear glasses. I hadn't had an eye exam for 4+ years. He said based off my line of work my eye muscles/ vision is suffering. He gave me some exercises to work on and told me I would benefit from bifocals to relieve my eyes from the constant shifts in gazes !

Haven't adjusted to the idea of bifocals yet but thought it was awesome to have some ideas finally.

Yay! Also got some sun glasses !
He did heavily agree on pregnancy and his ailments and he said "pregnancy completely messes you" lol!

I'm glad you got some answers! I got bad headaches before I got glasses, but it never occurred to me that it was a vision problem because my vision really isn't bad - I have a very weak prescription, but one eye is worse than the other, so the mismatch I think throws me off.

Did he mention that pregnancy can cause vision changes? The extra fluid warps the eye and it goes back to normal after the baby arrives. I hope he didn't charge you a fortune for bifocals that won't work right in six months...

I'm glad you got some answers! I got bad headaches before I got glasses, but it never occurred to me that it was a vision problem because my vision really isn't bad - I have a very weak prescription, but one eye is worse than the other, so the mismatch I think throws me off.

Did he mention that pregnancy can cause vision changes? The extra fluid warps the eye and it goes back to normal after the baby arrives. I hope he didn't charge you a fortune for bifocals that won't work right in six months...

Lol! No no! He told me I would "benefit", and I was surprised I hadn't thought of it (the correlation) but I actually already knew that pregnancy causes visual changes and how. My vision isn't TERRIBLE and I definitely have seen stronger rx's! But I can't believe I didn't think to correlate the two!

So I didn't change my glasses but I bought sunglasses for distance, my normal glasses lol! I definitely didn't buy bifocals hahaa but that part definitely was hard to hear.

Pregnancy messes you up! 😬

Ah, ok, good! I bet the cost of regular glasses is totally worth it, even if you don't get a full year out of them. I hope they help! I didn't make the connection either, even though I had the stupid vision headaches and I was so excited when they went away. Pregnancy really does mess you up!

Ah, ok, good! I bet the cost of regular glasses is totally worth it, even if you don't get a full year out of them. I hope they help! I didn't make the connection either, even though I had the stupid vision headaches and I was so excited when they went away. Pregnancy really does mess you up!

I should add i have worn glasses since I was 12 lol!

I should add i have worn glasses since I was 12 lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->