Really bad health anxiety :/

milliemel

Reaction score
I'm almost 27 weeks. I've always had anxiety but right now it's the highest it's ever been. I have really bad health anxiety, I'm convinced that I'm dying of cancer. I have so many weird symptoms and I try to tell myself it's anxiety but what if it's not? I let it go for too long and now I'm probably dying. I'm completely dreading the new year because I have a dermatologist appointment at the end of January. I just know that they're gonna tell me I have stage 4 melanoma. I'm completely freaking out and I feel so alone :( has anyone been pregnant and had health anxiety? What should i do?

I have health anxiety, I was on medication for it before this pregnancy. I'm currently awake at 4.30am worrying. You're definitely not alone. Do you have anyone close you can talk to? I always find talking to my mum and having her tell me I'm fine helps a little bit. Also there's some good books about which can help calm you down in the moment. Try and distract yourself from these thoughts and enjoy your pregnancy but if it's constant you should talk to your doctor about how you're feeling xx

I have generalized anxiety disorder which worsened after my son was born.
We had a loss in April this year which hit me hard. We are now 22w with a baby girl (i have dreamed of having a girl since i was a girl) yet im not excited, i cant let myself get excited. All the scans/tests have shown baby girl to be healthy yet everyday i think something will happen to her.
I have come off my meds for the pregnancy which of course does not help.
My husband is my rock and he will calm me down when im freaking out. But of course until baby girl is here we just wont know.
I just try and be positive, my poor dh knowing how I feel atm has been letting me go out and buy things for our baby girl so i can try and come round to the idea but its only a temporary fix.

My doctors/midwife know about my anxiety so they keep a good watch on me.
However I DO have a medical condition which worsens with pregnancy! My kidneys deteriorate so I worry about that alot. However due to that i see either a consultant or midwife every 2weeks!

If you are concerned go see your doctor sooner even if it just puts your mind at rest fof a couple of weeks. Tell them about your health anxiety and they may offer you extra appointments to ease your concerns :thumbup:

Feel better hunni :hugs:

I have health anxiety too.
It's not at its worst at the moment, thankfully, but I do understand how it is. It is very unlikely that you have cancer at the moment, and if you do have it you would deal with it one step at a time just like anyone else would. Do you have access to a hypnotherapist or psychologist (if you're in the U.K. you can get referred through the NHS for free, and most likely quite quickly during pregnancy)?
Health anxiety will add nothing to your life and sucks away the joy of living in the moment - please see someone for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->