really bad mood swings??

kirstylm

Reaction score
Hi there, just wondered if anyone else suffers from mood swings? I'm getting really bad ones, one minute Im feeling great and literally within a few minutes I can just turn! My poor Hubby is taking all the crap fromt them too.
I haven't been on the pill for about a year now, came off it as I thought it was dampening my libido and making me moody, but turns out, its not the pill at all its just me!!! :growlmad:
I hate being like this as Im a good person and happy in general I have nothing to be moody or sad about! I have a new job that Im loving, Im healthy (although I would like to do some exersize). Maybe I need a hobby?
Im getting to the point where Im starting to worry about it so much, Im considering going to Dr. The worrying thing is, Im worse when Im with my hubby and I seem to lose my temper so quickly with him and niothing he does ever seems good enough! I love him to bits and wouldn't be without him but Im sure there is only so much he can take before I really make him doubt himself. :cry:
I hate myself for being this way but just cant control it!
Has anyone else been feeling like this or can offer some help?:dohh::nope:

I had exactly that problem when I came off my BCP! I turned into a wreck and had mood swings like a dragon. After several weeks I went to my DR about it as it was eventually my Manager at work who said people were asking what was wrong with me! Well I was put on meds (Citalopram) until my hormones sort themselves out as she said it was an imbalance that caused it.

Go to your Doctor, if you feel that this is not you then it probably isn't, they can do blood tests to look for anything underlying/hormonal. (My Doc thought it was my Thyroid as it runs in my family but it turned out I was just a nut! Hehe)

It was the best thing I could have done as now I feel back on track with my life, don't feel bad it happens to everyone and doctors are there to listen, I thought I was so alone in the world until I had a look online and thousands of millions of people have been or are in the same position!

Good luck x

Thanks plutosblue! Thing is, Im absolutely fine around everyone else apart from my hubby!!! I think it just cause we spend so much time together that he's the one that gets it and that I get irritated with! But I worry that its more than that and can't help thinking, if Im like this now what the hell are we going to do when a baby comes along as were planning to start trying in a month!
I dont know, maybe it will help and bring us closer together and make me a calmer person, Im such an uptight individual, but at work Im brill! I just cant understand why Im so diffrernt around the man I love? its confusing and scary??!!
If I go to dr and they put me on meds, will it affect us TTC?? I have had bloods recently to look for iron deficiency and they said my bloods were all normal so dont think its a hormonal thing??
Maybe I should take up Yoga?! LOL!

You are only bad around your hubby because you love him (if that makes sense!?) You are able to flip and vent your anger on him because you know he is the only person you can do that with and you know he's not going to go flying out the door, you can be yourself.

Babies can send you one way or the other I think, you become a strong family unit or it breaks you. But if you are both commited to the relationship and willing to work hard at it then babies shouldn't be too much of a problem!

I'm not saying that the DR will put you on meds, just that is what happened in my situation, and yes it meant that I couldn't TTC as I had wanted to, but then I settled with the decision that I want to be as well and as healthy and calm in myself as I can before I even think of conceiving, because I want the best for my baby. It can't help to go and ask and get a check up if you are unhappy? and remember with blood tests they will only test for what they are looking for! lol

Exercise is one of the best things you can do, as is sex, boosts all the happy hormones in your body :) I have even bought myself a mini trampoline!
Edit:: Diet is a factor too, turkey and brazil nuts help to fight against the blues!
x

Thanks, that's a good way of looking at it and your most probably right in that Im only liek that with him as I can be myself!
I think for the moment, Im going to try find some exersise classes and see if that helps first and I need to just train myself not to launch into one if something annoys me and to wait 10 secs and think is it really worth it as the few times I have done this, it stopped me shouting! lol!
Thanks for your advise think it's made me feel a bit better about it all!
Hope all goes well with you, you seem to be thinking very clearly about being the best for your baby
good luck and thanks xxxx

Your welcome, yes I am trying to be level headed about it although it is easier said than done since right now I just want to jump straight into it and start trying! Hehe

Just do what is right for you, you never know a bit of excersise may be the trick, vent your anger in a good run and then go back home and be chill ... :cloud9:

Whichever way you do it I really do hope that it all works out for you x

Ahh thanks so much - me too!! I dont want to be a moody cow, it doesn't suit me!!!!

Yeah running is good, I keep saying Im going to join a running club, I know it sounds silly but Im rubbish at running, my chest goes all tight and I just can;t run for long!!! I need to learn!!

I'll let u know how it goes!!!
Speak soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"