Really bad period like cramps in tummy and back??

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
I've just started experiencing period like cramps in my stomach and lower back. They're very painful but quite dull if that makes sense.
I'm 5 weeks tomorrow, does this sound like a bad sign to you? :(

Didn't want to read and run dear. I am sorry I have no advice for you. I hope it's nothing serious. Fingers crossed :hugs:

I remember bad cramping with my other pregnancies. And all turned out just fine. Today this weird Achyness started up.

If you are truly worried contact your dr. Good luck and blessings.

That is EXACTLY what I had sweetie, they were intense and lasted 'longer' than a usual period cramp for me, but they were sort of dull rather than sharp and I literally had them during the exact same time as you; from a few days after my af was due until about 6 weeks, then they slowly became stretching feelings instead :) I'm 10 weeks +2 now and even though I haven't had a scan everything feels perfect and like it is progressing normally, I didn't have any bleeding or anything.

It's just the uterus being like woooah what's going on! And the hormones that usually cause your period to start are still there a bit at the beginning of pregnancy so you get a bit of cramping, but your body soon realises there is a little bean in there :)

If you do get worried, or the pains become constant, just contact your dr or mw for reassurance <3

I had really painful period-like aches and pains in the middle of the night while sleeping at 4-5 weeks!
very normal - as it could be baby burrowing deeper into uterus lining..
these pains dont last long thankfully!
but the rest of the symptoms that will follow may cause some grief haha
;)

if there is no spotting and bleeding and the cramping isnt to the point where you are doubled over in pain and cannot function..
then everything should be fine!

congrats and good luck!!!!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back