Really Confused abt baby clothes?

mum2beee

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I was wondering what sizes are you buying your baby clothes in?

I bought loads from Mothercare and Next in their Newbaby range but a family member just told me that it will only fit for a week or two.

I have to admit they are quite small but I thought they'd last at least 1 to 2 month. :wacko:
I have been told to expect a big baby...

Is it better to buy 0-3months items? If yes how many newborn clothes did you buy? And most importantly what?
Thanks

Most stuff I have bought in 0-3 but I bought a few sleep suits vests and a going home outfit in new born too, just in case.... I tried not to buy too much in newborn because as you say, she might never actually be in them...

I brought all 0-3 with my first.
She was 8lb 3oz and everything was massive on her!
Had to go out and buy some newborn clothes, but she only fitted into those things for a month at the very very most.
I don't feel any wiser buying for the 2nd time round as 2nd babies are usually bigger.

I would say 3mos or 0-3mos is a good size. I have three outfits that are newborn size that were left over from my daughter, but like your family member said she only was in newborn size a couple weeks and she was 7lbs 5oz when born. She was in 3mos sizes for about 2 mos then was in 3-6mos and 6mos sizes for about three to four months. My nephew was a 10lbs 4oz baby and he was only in newborn outfits for less than a week, and 3mos size for about a month before he was in the 6mos size. So if you are already measuring big, I would buy the 3mos or 3-6mos sizes and only one or two outfits that are newborn size.

only bought like one pack of newborn bodysuits and sleepsuits, didnt bother with outfits as im sure we wont be going anywhere while hes in them
loads of 0-3 and started on the 3-6 now :)

Yeah... I guess I should go out and exchange some items for the 0-3Months sizes. That seem more sensible...

Thank you for your input girls. Saved me quite a few pounds! X

Yeah... I guess I should go out and exchange some items for the 0-3Months sizes. That seem more sensible...

Thank you for your input girls. Saved me quite a few pounds! X

Also just be aware that the next clothes are generally much smaller than mothercare. I have newborn sizes in both and the next stuff is very small in comparison. The next 'up to 1 month' is nearer the size of mothercare newborn. But unfortunately they will only fit baby for a couple of weeks at the most but 0-3 can be too big in the first few weeks xx

I have 3 NB, most in 0-3 and 3-6. I bought some onsies that say they are 3months but they are tiny!

I have all newborn, because I found last time everyone bought me stuff in 0-3, and by then I was also dying to take them out to buy new clothes wen they are here! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->