Really confused :/

Soy? What's this about Soy? Not heard of using it in relation to pregnancy.

I would love for us to be able to be bump buddies. Argh, my tummy just did a little flip of fear and excitement at the thought of getting BFP again.

As much as I am afraid of getting a new BFP, I am just as afraid of not getting one. Does that make any sense?

Total sense sweetie but you WILL get your BFP and i will pray its a sticky one :hugs:

Soy isoflavones is a natural supplement and works in the same way as Clomid ( without the side effects) i took it for one cycle and got my BFP but sadly lost it at 9wks... but quite a lot are in their 20th week with healthy pregnancies :happydance:

There has been 2 BFPs this week off it. Here's the threads so you can read up on it x

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/387010-soy-isoflavones-poll.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid.html

Hi I'm here again :hi:

I don't know if either of you saw on my journal but yesterday these were my opk and hpt results...I got really excited when i did the opk first...and dtd too :blush: :-

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/403106-three-heaven-three-earth-next-189.html

LOL Suze your not alone when i got my so called positive i too DTD first time in 10wks :dohh: day after the bleeding started x

These are my tests pink opk ( positive) blue pg test faint x

[IMG]https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/zana637/test001.jpg[/IMG]​

Good to see you here Suze! All this talk about OPKs and HPTs inspired me to do my own little experiment and I dipped one of each about 10 minutes ago. The OPK (20miu) looks almost "positive" for an OPK (both lines are almost the same colour) and the HPT (10miu) has only the faintest positive result. That tells me that you can definitely get a "positive" OPK while still only getting a faintly positive HPT (something we all seem to be learning this week. Sigh.). We should all go volunteer to help out Meg on peeonastick.com. I love that site! I could contribute hundreds of peesticks if anyone was ever interested. lol

Poppy, I just remembered too that after I had the ectopic pregnancy I got a "positive" OPK the day before my first period started. I was so confused and bummed out. I don't trust anything but HPTs after miscarriage now and I only use those to make sure that there is no confusion about a true BFP when it comes. I'm not going to TTC until I've gotten my first period after this loss. It's too confusing and heart wrenching for me otherwise. Fortunately, my fear of more heartache is keeping my obsession to TTC at bay. Thanks Fear, I knew you were good for something...

I feel 'glad' that I'm not the only one with my two useless positive sticks :rofl:

I'm quite interested in the soy isoflavones, I only have one tube (after an ectopic) and have always been interested in Clomid but fortunately have conceived 3 times in 3 years through the 1 tube so probably wouldn't qualify for Clomid. I'm also interested in producing better quality eggs as my baby Joe had a chromosolmal abnormality and I have a feeling this one may have done too, we'll see when we get the results

Glad ive come of some use Suze with my positives :haha:

allmuddledup thats what confused me i thought well if ive not ovulated with that positives OPK was it my af lol but now i know ive got to be not bleeding for 20 days before i can have af x

I feel 'glad' that I'm not the only one with my two useless positive sticks :rofl:

I'm quite interested in the soy isoflavones, I only have one tube (after an ectopic) and have always been interested in Clomid but fortunately have conceived 3 times in 3 years through the 1 tube so probably wouldn't qualify for Clomid. I'm also interested in producing better quality eggs as my baby Joe had a chromosolmal abnormality and I have a feeling this one may have done too, we'll see when we get the results

You are SO not alone with the useless positive sticks. It made me smile to see you :rofl: .

I just read through the Soy info Poppy posted links for (thank you Poppy!). I am intrigued and I may just try it if I don't have any luck in my next few cycles. My baby Gerri had Down's syndrome and I am terrified of it happening again. I have read as much as I could find on the issue and what I might be able to do to help myself. It sounds like taking a mega dose (5mg) of folic acid might be helpful as there is a link between the prevalence of NTDs and Down's syndrome. We all know that folic acid helps prevent NTDs and recent studies show that it might help prevent Down's as well. My midwife was doubtful as they have not been presented with hard evidence to say this is the case but she said if it makes me feel better then I can go ahead and take the higher dose because it certainly won't cause any harm. GP prescribed the 5mg dose to me yesterday. Yay!

Suze, Do you know what Joe's chromosomal abnormality was? :hugs:

Im off to bed ladies im shattered, sleep well and catch you both tomorrow :hugs: no poas whilst im gone lol x

Oh that's good that you got it prescribed and certainly you've done your research (as we do!) and so long as it's not going to harm you I say definitely give it a go. Joe had triploidy, don't know if you've heard of it, he had a full third set of chromosomes, so 69 instead of 46. It's classed as a random occurrence with no future implications...good news but then also you feel you'd like to be able to do something to prevent it happening again. I'm really curious to see what this one was. I'll certainly be asking my consultant if there's anything I can do to increase my chances of poppoing out an egg of viable quality!

Me too, night night :sleep:

(I think I will poas in the morning though :blush:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->