Really depressed right now. I sense an induction in my future

Mabv812

Reaction score
Ever since they told me I haven't progressed at all in 3 weeks and scheduled my induction, I've been super emotional and depressed. I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me how to induce my labor...cause guess what?? I've been doing them all for the past 2 weeks already!! No progressed dilation, no effacement , nothing. At this point I can sense an induction for me.

I'm really depressed because we planned on a natural birth at our hospital's birth center. If they have to induce me not only will I get Pitocin, but I can't even have the baby in the birth center. I'll have to go to L and D, be monitored constantly, get and IV, and get no food. YAY 9mv#$&HFD!

I was in a lot of pain after my sweep last night and I couldn't even get a back rub out of my husband. grrr. I find it also odd that I'm sooooo overdue when we know the day we conceived! At this point I just want to give up. Ok, thanks for listening to this hormone fueled rant/cry.

:growlmad::cry::shrug::nope::wacko:

Honestly you know you never have to consent to an induction if you don't want to and if it's upsetting you the chance of you going to labour are your own are less because stress hormones block labour hormones

There is actually a very small risk of going over 42 weeks the chanc of something going wrong normally 1% and goes to 2% after 42 weeks

Maybe relax and talk to you doctor about other options if the induction is stressing you out

:hugs: I would discuss options before agreeing to pitocin induction. Maybe another sweep and foley bulb use first? I know us is all about the pitocin but it should be up to you too :)

:hugs: I would discuss options before agreeing to pitocin induction. Maybe another sweep and foley bulb use first? I know us is all about the pitocin but it should be up to you too :)

Yea and cervidil. Gonna ask.

Dont lose hope. My sister just had her baby last Thursday. She went for a sweep at 41 weeks the day before and she was told she was high and closed so sweep couldn't be performed. She was gutted. She went into labour that night and the next eve she gave birth naturally in the birthing pool.

As dream mentioned, try not to stress as it will only hold off labour. You don't have to have an induction if you dont want to. The chances are you will probably go into labour naturally before 42w.
Good luck. X

The cervix stuff means nothing at all. Your cervix could stay that way right up until you give birth, it really is pointless to measure changes in it!

Don't loose hope. I gave birth at 42+1 and went into labour naturally myself, I know just how you're feeling and it's so, so hard. What you really need right now is relaxation though. That's the best thing to help you. You've every chance of going into labour before your induction, and if you'd rather wait you don't have to accept induction. Your baby just wants to make sure they're nice and ready before meeting you!

Absolutely with you on this! I'm 40+14 tomorrow and being induced tomorrow...no twinges/pain, 2 unsuccessful sweep attempts... I know when I conceived as well so absolutely shocked at how overdue I am.

Absolutely with you on this! I'm 40+14 tomorrow and being induced tomorrow...no twinges/pain, 2 unsuccessful sweep attempts... I know when I conceived as well so absolutely shocked at how overdue I am.

Wow we are like pregnancy twins. Isnt it crazy since we knew when we conceived?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->