REALLY IMPORTANT, need to know how much roughly puppy injections are

SophiasMummy

Mummy to Sophia
Reaction score
So i saw an old friend today and her and her OH have a puppy whos about 6 months now, they got kicked out there house and arnt allowed to have dogs where they are now, so there puppy is staying with the blokes dad who is horrible, he has his own dog who is scared to death of him because he beats it whenever its done anything wrong (tried ringing rspca but it cant be proven so they wont do anything) and my friend really doesnt want there pup there so ive offered to have her temporarily and my friend is gunna talk to her OH about it because it also means they can visit her more as i live closer. Anyway on to the proper issue they havent had her injections done! Which obviously means she could catch all sorts of nasty things so when she comes here im want to take her to the vets asap to get her jabs done, i know its not really my problem but ive seen what things like parvo and distemper do to dogs and i would rather not risk it with her in my care. I asked her why they havent done it and she said they cant afford it! They are so stupid she didnt cost them much and until recently they were gunna buy a male aswell but cant cause now they have no where to keep them. Im really angry at my friend but im more worried about the puppy than anything else so really hoping i end up looking after her.

anyway please can anyone tell me roughly how much the injections are??

If you are on certain benefits you can get them by making a donation to the PDSA.

Vets4pets also offer a lifetime vaccination course for £99. I think you need to pay for the initial vaccination and then all the yearly boosters and check ups are covered by the £99 payment.

If you are on certain benefits you can get them by making a donation to the PDSA.

Vets4pets also offer a lifetime vaccination course for £99. I think you need to pay for the initial vaccination and then all the yearly boosters and check ups are covered by the £99 payment.

Thanks hun i just checked pdsa and they dont do vaccinations only accident and injury, and i wont have the puppy for any more than a few months so only really want to pay for the first injections not the yearly boosters x

If you are not working or on a low income, have a look if there are any animal charities near by as they offer vaccination and neutering at a heavily discounted price. If not then I think for the initial vaccines it will probably be about £45.

If you are not working or on a low income, have a look if there are any animal charities near by as they offer vaccination and neutering at a heavily discounted price. If not then I think for the initial vaccines it will probably be about £45.

Thats ok i can afford that, if i ring up local vet practices will they tell me how much they charge?

yeah, or even look at yell for your local vets and click the link to the website and check prices. x

ring up your local vets hun. they should able to tell you what pup needs & when & cost... xx

Thanks girls, i bet they havent ever wormed her either or de-flead her, i dont understand people that want dogs yet dont care enough to look after them it makes me so mad x

people think its a great idea at the time & dont think about the cost included...
chipping, jabs, flea & worm treatment, food etc etc...
& thats after youve tagged them to stop you getting a £5000 fine :dohh: bed, toys, teething toys & god the list is endless!!! x

also, if you are getting insurance - have a look at quidco. I got £150 cashback and a reduced rate with Sainsburys pet insurance through quidco. Even if you don't intend on keeping the dog for long, for a few pounds a month you could end up saving yourself hundreds if he got ill or injured.

The 1st time they get vaccinated they need 2 done 2 weeks apart, ours cost £60 for this! After that its £30 a year x

people think its a great idea at the time & dont think about the cost included...
chipping, jabs, flea & worm treatment, food etc etc...
& thats after youve tagged them to stop you getting a £5000 fine :dohh: bed, toys, teething toys & god the list is endless!!! x

I know ive been buying bits and peices, cage etc getting ready for our new puppy we're meant to be getting sometime this year, and ive written a massive list of things we need and what its gunna cost, how much insurance will cost and the injections they need cost of wormers etc, its crazy i thought my list for baby stuff before i had LO was long before i wrote one for the puppy. Ive even sorted out people who can look after it if i go away etc lol. Though now if im looking after my friends puppy will prob have to wait a bit longer till we get our own x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->