Really irregular periods mean no ovulation?

xOMichaelaOx

Reaction score
Hi ladies, ever since I got the jadelle contraception out, my periods are crazy! My last 5 cycles have been 31, 40, 69, 34 and 30 days long!!!! Right now I'm on cd44 and had a neg pregnancy test last week. I use opks which said I ovulated on cd20 and also had o symptoms. I really don't know what's going on and it's so frustrating!! I don't know if the opks are lying to me or if I am actually o'ing! We have been trying for over a year for our second and it's just not working!! Anyone else go through something similar? :cry:

Yes, I did but not since being diagnosed for PCOS. If you've been TTC for over a year then I would suggest calling a RE (reproductive endocrinologist) and trying to get in with them. Their job is infertility/trying to get you pregnant.

Honestly, it sounds like to me like PCOS might be a possibility. My cycles can go anywhere from 30 days to 6 months. Also, I tend to get false positive OPKs, so I will get a positive OPK 2-3 times a month before getting the true +. And I would get what felt like ovulation pain but it was actually cysts on my ovaries. Luckily though, PCOS can easily be overcome with medication. I am currently on ovulation medication to help me ovulate at the same time each month to help with intercourse timing.

Do you temp at all? That'll really help you see if you are ovulating or not. In general though, if you are having a period, then you are ovulating but you definitely can ovulate at different times each month.

I literally just finished googling pcos! I'm thinking maybe that's what's going on, I have a few of the symptoms! Thanks so much for the advice, I'm going to give my doc a call

Yeah it sounds like it could be that. Or atleast should be looked into! But yeah, I would definitely suggest seeing a RE, my RE has helped me tremendously. I did manage to get pregnant under my RE but it ended up being ectopic. But either way, I wasn't able to get pregnant on my own, so it was a huge step up!

My obgyn, has helped me with my pcos, I don't see an re, as my insurance won't cover it. But my obgyn has helped me a great deal, I am actually on femara, to help me o, because my last cycle before starting it was 72 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->