Really Need Help With My Kid's Behaviour

WorriedMummy

Reaction score
I have a 6 and a 4 year old and I am really getting to the end of my tether with their behaviour.

They have no respect at all for me or their father. No matter what we say/do they do not listen.

We have tried many tactics, taking toys off them, reward charts, naughty step, taking treats off them but nothing at all seems to work and I am seriously at breaking point.

I have been in tears this morning as I seriously can not take any more of their disrespectful behaviour anymore.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Your two are pretty much the same age as mine.
I've been through all of that with my eldest but my youngest isn't really there yet.

Honestly for me it was consistency and time. Nothing really seemed to work-we tried time ours, taking away toys, smacks, reward charts etc.
we had some progress with the reward chart but found that there had to be a reward fairly often otherwise he just got bored of it.
We also made sure that all threats were followed through.

I can't really give any more advice but I really do know how you must feel.

My 3.5 yr old responded to reward charts for a while and then got wise and just said she didn't care if she got the reward or not!

I read 'how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk' recently. At first I thought it was all a load of nonsense, and even tried a few things (which didn't work). However, as I understood the ethos as I progressed through the book, I used the techniques more naturally and convincingly and I can honestly say it has made a difference to the behaviour (more my 3yr old than 2yr old).

Its so stressful when everyone is at odds with each other. This must be very tough for you and I hope you find something that works for you. x

Didnt want to read and run
chin up hun it does get better x

were having a little spot of bother with our 4 year old, think its just their age. I think the key thing is consistency, what ever you do, do not give in, stick to your guns, whether it be in saying no, taking something off of them etc. have you tried flipping it around, and instead of saying no etc, try lots of praise for something they do, even if its miniscule (i.e. getting dressed, saying good morning etc) Kids really respond unbelieveably well to praise and encouragement. good luck xx

were having a little spot of bother with our 4 year old, think its just their age. I think the key thing is consistency, what ever you do, do not give in, stick to your guns, whether it be in saying no, taking something off of them etc. have you tried flipping it around, and instead of saying no etc, try lots of praise for something they do, even if its miniscule (i.e. getting dressed, saying good morning etc) Kids really respond unbelieveably well to praise and encouragement. good luck xx

Agree with this positive encouragement of good behavior is better then correcting bad behavior. They say for every time you correct the child they should hear 10 positive things from you that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->