Really nervous about appointment tomorrow (updated & upset :'-( )

sunshineray7

Mummy of 2 little men
Reaction score
I'm seeing my consultant tomorrow for the second time. I'm going to ask her if I can have an elective csection due to previous traumatic labour ending in emcs. I'm so worried that she's going to say no and that I'll have to go through that nightmare again.

UPDATE: had my appointment and consultant basically said no, she says there's no need and that things will probably be better this time and that it's not good for babies to be born before their due date!! She's sending me for a second opinion but said she hopes I go into labour before I get the appointment!

hi tell consultant your feeling on this subject (i did and i even cryed)i had traumatic birth too am having c-section in the morning.if you feel that you really want c-section and she not agree with you change consultant.x

You are entitled to your own choice and if this doctor can't respect your emotional state then you need to find a doctor that will.

Thats disgusting, you not only deserve a second opinion but the consultant should apologize to you as well. Obviously if you ended up needing an EMCS last time round there will be a slight risk heck I have not even had my first baby yet and I was told that if that happened that next time round an elective C section would be a sensible option so I do not know why she is being this way???
I would change doctors and keep demanding for your right to choose

under the revised NICE guidelines every woman is entitled to a c section i would look into this further and go back armed with the facts
good luck x

under the revised NICE guidelines every woman is entitled to a c section i would look into this further and go back armed with the facts
good luck x

I know the guidelines and I went in armed with this knowledge and it didnt make an ounce of difference. I will just have to be very insistent at my 2nd opinion. Thanks x

How awful. My last birth ended up in an emergency section and this time around theyve left it enitirely upto myself. hope u get what you want x

That's really odd. At my 8 weeks booking in appt my MW raised it with me and suggested I go to a couple of VBAC groups to have the chance to discuss it. I have had no resistantce to requesting an elective ne this time and was told that as o had an EMCS last time I alm allowed the choice this time. I wouldn't accept no as an answer. Googd luck

I've had my 2nd opinion date through for the 25th April, so I'll be 38+5 wks! I'm so worried I'll labour before then. Also, if she says yes,(which my midwife says she might not), my csection would only be a few days later! Am so annoyed that I have to wait so long when others are getting their dates really early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->