Really preoccupied with babies...

Amygdala

Reaction score
I'm going baby mad!!! Not so much on the gushy oooooh-I-want-one side of things but on the planning and preparing side. I think it's because I'm going back to work tomorrow and am hugely nervous about that because I feel I'm not in control. So I guess I'm trying to controll the family planning side of my life instead (of all things!!!). I seriously need to calm down, if I don't I'll have written a birth plan by tomorrow morning.
Anyone else ever feel they are occupying themselves with baby plans to avoid thinking about more pressing matters?

All the time!! Even been wandering around baby shops. Two weeks until moving to TTC...

Yep, all the time. I found that everytime I had a break in gradschool craziness I would start fantasizing about babies. I think it's the control thing like you said Amy...you're so not in control of your life in grad school, that the thought of being in control of something becomes very alluring. I've always used baby planning as an escape. Don't know that it's a good idea, but why stop now. lol:thumbup:

YEP! Especially when exams are looming... im having to use a lot of self controll to avoid Bnb and only come on once ive done all my revision for the day.

Its hard work isnt it. xxxx

Yes, yes, yes. Especially when you have an exam tomorrow morning that you are trying to avoid. I keep telling myself...well maybe if I were preggers or had a LO then I could focus on work and stop being so distracted by daydreams...lol...no dice.

Haaaa.
I can so relate to this!

Strictly no TTC till at least next Jan, but we can't help cooing over the tiny socks and cute outfits xD

Its the one thing you have control over.

I mean the planning bit is the one thing you have control over, everything else is hit and miss

I know what you mean, I have to be in control of everything and there are just no exceptions!

I find that charting really helps to take control. I have charted since 2007 and have gradually built up from charting cycle times to temperature, CM etc etc. It was a pretty long journey and I am very happy to be nearly at the end. Now I do my charting and take my prenatal vitamins.

We have also been decorating the house in preparation which I had a huge amount of control over, the two bedrooms are still left to do although should only take a few weekends to complete. Then we will be able to TTC:happydance:

I know what you mean, I have to be in control of everything and there are just no exceptions!

I find that charting really helps to take control. I have charted since 2007 and have gradually built up from charting cycle times to temperature, CM etc etc. It was a pretty long journey and I am very happy to be nearly at the end. Now I do my charting and take my prenatal vitamins.

We have also been decorating the house in preparation which I had a huge amount of control over, the two bedrooms are still left to do although should only take a few weekends to complete. Then we will be able to TTC:happydance:

Awww...congrats Missi! That's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->