Really sad and frustrated

Juniperjan

Expecting no.2!
Reaction score
Hi there, I don't often post but I'm feeling really down today as I got some spotting yesterday cd21 and more today. I've been getting this nearly every cycle now since I had my mmc almost 6 months ago. My cycle appears to have shortened from a cycle that was always over 28 days to spotting now 7 days before when I should expect af. I've been to the docs and they've tested my hormones and everything seems ok. I'm worried that at 39, I'm perimenopausal but doc say that's not the case. Have read that it could be low progesterone but doc isn't really interested since I've had a successful pregnancy and got pregnant once again. Just want some answers. Rant over! :cry:

im sort of in the same situation as you i am 28 ttc number 2 when i came of the pill a few years ago to get pregnant with my now almost 3 year old i got pregnant straight away, this time i have been off the pill for a whole year i have noticed that instead of having a period every 28 days like i used to that my cycles are now 22-23 days i have been using ovulation urine tests so i know i am ovulating and having sex at the right times

i did get pregnant but had a miscarriage at 11 weeks at the end of January

my doctor wont refer me to fertility investigation as he said i must been trying for a year without a successful pregnant (he stated that my pregnancy over Christmas was successful even though it resulted in miscarriage) so now i have to wait until christmas time to get tests done if i dont get pregnant before then

i cant help but feel that there is something wrong as i was able to get pregnant with my daughter so quickly with no problems i am only 28 with no medical issues and am quite healthy so its quite frustrating

i know that you are over 35 you only need to wait 6 months before being refered for testing so i would speak with your doctor again or see someone else, also spotting a week before af is due can be implantation so dont rule it out every month

Hi jenb, thanks for your reply. You're right. I'm going to make another appointment tomorrow and ask for a different doc. It's two years since I got pregnant so things could have changed for me in that time. I'm almost in panic mode though and I know that isn't helping the situation. Just wish I had more time on my side. Wishing you much baby dust. Xx

i think because you generally hear lots of stories of people getting pregnant after 1 night stands or getting pregnant when they wernt planning on it etc etc then its easy to get panicked when a few months have passed without that BFP but if something does not feel right then you need to trust that hopefully everything is fine though, unfortunately its not as easy as we would think getting pregnant

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->