Really short cycles

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Anyone find after BCP that they have got really short cycles? My first AF after coming off BCP arrived 5 days earlier than I was expecting at 23 days. It was extremely light, but I had spotting that lasted for 5 days. Now today is day 22 and I have had back ache and woke up with sharp pains that are managable but definitely noticeable, and have been happening through out the day. I've never experienced this type of pain from AF before (Sorry if TMI) I used to have a dull ache, and a slight 'tugging' sensation. Could it be that this is AF and I am going to be cursed with short cycles, rather than the well behaved 28 days before BCP and 29 whilst on it? Grrr

I've never been on birth control, but I hope things even out for you eventually. I've read that coming off birth control your cycle can take a while to regulate. Any possibility you're pregs? :)

I've never been on birth control, but I hope things even out for you eventually. I've read that coming off birth control your cycle can take a while to regulate. Any possibility you're pregs? :)

Thanks Kail. I don't think so. I've now had a bit of spotting for the last day or so (which I never used to get, except for the couple of hours before it used to start. Grr!) so I think my bodies' just dragging the process out a bit. Oh well. Plenty of BD time when I'm away on holiday to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary and next month might be different! :)

How are you doing now?

dont u just wish you could be regular... drives me mad when i think im "late" mayb im pregnant, but really just a long cycle... boooo xxx

Notnic do you have a child already/ are you nursing? Just wondering because my mom (who is a midwife) told me that nursing can do all kinds of funky things to your cycles. which I think is what is happening to me. I have a 24 CD, 27, CD, 28 CD, and now so far 34 CD. So lame!

Nope not nursing, and this will be my first. I guess it's just my body being funky on its own accord! AF didn't actually start then. It was all quiet, and then ended up being officially just a day late. Still I have my fingers crossed for a Spanish baby this month. If in 9 months time I have a baby called Malaga - you'll all know why! :D

I had really short cycles after coming of BCP when I was trying for my DS. I was around 22-26 days and OV on day 16-17 usually. I was like clock work 28 day cycles when I was on the pill.

I have also heard that cramping can be much worse after coming off BCP. A friend of mine said she had the worst cramps she had EVER had in her life after coming off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->