really struggling with acid :(

BumbleBee10

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help!
I'm 29 weeks today and for the last couple of weeks I've been struggling with what I assume is acid - constant waves of sick feeling burning my throat. It's gotten to the point where I'm not sleeping, was literally up until 4.30am the other night and was up for work at 6!
It's making me so miserable and no matter how I lie down or prop myself up it isn't going away!
Feeling very miserable today, any advice would be appreciated
xxx

Yup, that's heartburn for you! I had it really bad one night I couldn't even breathe because it got so bad. After that incident my Dr. prescribed me Pantoloc because he said as the baby grows the heartburn will only get worse. I take one a day and haven't have any heartburn since my second day on it. I highly recommend it. The relief has been incredible.

Also, try modifying your diet, or at least try to figure out what is giving you that Nast feeling... For me it was enchilada sauce.. So I stay away from it and haven't had any issues...the downside is that I LOVE enchilada, but I'm ok with skipping since now I have that nasty memory...

Rennie(personally I buy the orange flavour) is excellent it provides instant relief every time for me and oh.

Agree to finding the cause too, for me it lessens greatly if I can avoid tomatoes

It doesn't matter what I eat or drink everything is a trigger so my gp prescribed something I take every day it's a godsend!

All foods cause mine. It's awful and like you said, worse when I lie down. I bought a 600ml bottle of gaviscon and keep it by my bed, horrible tasting, but works instantly but only short term. I go through a bottle every 5 days!

Mine has also reared its ugly head again.....no matter what I eat or drink so as a pp said I keep a bottle of gaviscon with me at all times. I did read somewhere about it returning in the 3rd tri due muscles relaxing.

I'm having this problem, too. It's terrible! No matter what I eat!

I've found eating ice cream before bed helps somewhat, but that's about all. Going to talk to my Dr. about it next appointment.

I was struggling real bad with heartburn. Couldn't handle tums anymore, it was making me sick. What I found works for me is eating a cheese stick or two. Works better than a glass of milk. Long lasting too. I have no idea why. Wish I would have tried it last pregnancy.

I'm with Carly and tjayne about the Gaviscon being my go-to solution, and I also take it before bed, and then usually take a swig in the middle of the night too (the taste is disgusting though!) Tums were useless to me as soon as 3rd tri came. I had some success with Zantac, but it was too harsh for my stomach and gave me some serious cramping, so I had to stop taking it.

Sadly, all foods and drinks give me heartburn and reflux right now (even just a glass of water!) but my favourite things definitely make it worse - I have to avoid tomato based stuff, citrus and spicy food. I love the idea of trying some ice cream and/or cheese before bed though :)

I started getting heartburn at 6 weeks this time around, and it was brought on by anything and everything. My doctor prescribed rantidine (zantac) and it works like a charm :)

I'm 35.5 weeks and just cracked open my 5th HUGE bottle of Gavisgon!! I find it helps not to eat after 7pm and to have a mug of warm milk, I take the gavisgon once before bed then if I need it through the night x

Ahhh the joys of heartburn! Am i right in thinking you're in the UK? I am and as we get the NHS free prescription card it's worth going to the doctors and have a remedy prescribed. My surgery prescribed me Peptac (just another alternative to Gaviscon). Hope this helps as we all know how uncomfortable heartburn is xx

Mine started in third Tri as well. Mashed potatoes are my worst trigger food :(. Tums would work...all of 10 minutes and then I'd be in misery. My OB suggested Zantac(Ranitidine) 150 Mg twice a day. Here it's over the counter. Also Tums as needed, and I've found that whole milk works wonders. So far so good with the Zantac.

I had acid reflux so bad it burnt my esophagus. It eventually hurt so bad that anything I ate or drank hurt too bad to swallow. Even ice water hurt terribly. My doc prescribed me pepcid twice a day and told me the burns would heal in a few days. And the burns healed within a week. I could barely eat, so I lost weight. But its better now. You dont want those burns so you should get help for it now. It got to the point that anything and everything I ate or drank gave me heartburn and I didnt get help soon enough. I hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->