Really stuck !! update pg2 hv advice :/

Jkelmum

Reaction score
So I know what the debates are with juice and I do NOT want to get mobbed ...Omg that sounds bad but tbh seems there is so much debate in this part of the forum i wouldnt post without being desperate if that sounds rude sorry but u know what i mean please keep this a nice thread with information and advice and lets not get personal :flower:

Here is lilys diet of what she takes in a day ..she is nearly 6 months

7am 2oz~3ozmax baby milk
8:30 am breakfast ...porriage and toast
11am 2~3oz babymilk
1pm steamed veggy and rice followed by fruit puree
3pm 2~3oz babymilk
5pm tea ...whatever we are havin she feeds herself ...followed by a 7m pudding jar
7pm 3oz ...then she sleeps 12 hrs

basically she is getting constipated and upset with herself cos she wont drink water and drinks very little babymilk ...in a beaker i give baby juice at dinner and tea but she doesnt get much at all ...how can i get more fluids into her without resorting to juice in a bottle ...which i know is wrong but i am getting desperate and i have tried 101 beakers:wacko: nuk boots tescos tommy tippy the list goes on

please help ...:coffee:

Edit this is what she takes not what she is offered

What about just some water in a bottle so she'll take more? Just more water will help with constipation too :)

Thats how ive been giving water ...she wont have it even spits out what drips in ...pulling my hair out at the moment by trying to do things "right" she is becoming constipated :( I know if i give juice in a bottle she will drink it be less constipated and be happier but its so bad for her teeth i am tryin not to give in ...ppl keep saying persist with beakers ...easier said then done

Have you thought about sitting with her holding a cup (as in a normal one with out any tops) and seeing if she will drink from that?

Rosie is the same she wont drink much water at all out of a bottle or beaker not sure what to do x

Have you thought about sitting with her holding a cup (as in a normal one with out any tops) and seeing if she will drink from that?

she as had a little pure oj today from my glass:blush: thought it may help her go x

Ahh bless :) I heard prune juice was really good for constipation. Maybe try that in a glass for her. It is so hard being a Mummy when advice conflicts, your just trying to do your best hun. Honestly I would prob try juice gradually adding more and more water, less and less juice then hopefully she will eventually be okay with water x

Have you tried herbal teas? Add flavour without the sugar.

If your LO is in pain with the constipation, to hell with what others think, you need to do what's right for her and thats giving her fluids. Once she is fully hydrated, start again with the cup etc.

I'm no expert but could you just put more water in her baby milk? So she'll take more volume of fluids but the same amount of formula?

Sorry if you've tried this, but have you tried massaging her tummy and bicycle legs? That'll help the constipation without having to sacrifice the water/juice x

IMO I would give the juice in a bottle, as long as you bruth teeth regularly. It's better than her being in pain. You could gradually dilute it more over time.

I think a little bit of very diluted juice from a bottle is surely better than constipation. If she's uncomfortable, then she isn't going to be in the best frame of mind for learning how to use a cup.

I'm no expert but could you just put more water in her baby milk? So she'll take more volume of fluids but the same amount of formula?

Hey hun, you should never adjust the amount of water/formula ratio, always follow the instructions on the tin as otherwise it can make a baby really ill :hugs:

Yeah, and I would imagine it would mean Lily drank even less actual milk which she definitely doesn't want...

Even if it wasnt dangerous I dont want to replace 3oz babymilk with 3oz water i need to get more fluid into her

Yeah, and I would imagine it would mean Lily drank even less actual milk which she definitely doesn't want...

Yeah if she is only taking 3oz max and i added say 2 scoops to 3oz water it wouldnt get her fluids up x

Have you tried her with a straw yet?
No havent thought about it as my others didnt do this until about 9months but will give it ago

thanks everyone for advice :kiss::hugs: xxx

I use herbal teas with Freya sometimes, even though she will drink water fine. I use a doidy cup (or a plastic shotglass as it is so small around the rim :blush:) and I hold it for her as she can't do it very well herself yet. Some goes down her front but I can hear her swallowing quite a lot.

I use echinacea, fennel and chamomile teas. Only brewed weak though, as they taste too strong otherwise.

Hope you find something that works :hugs:

hv really shocked me tday by sayin cut her down to morning and night milk
and only offer water no matter what she will drink when thirsty ...and of she is gettin lots of fruit and veg she may not need much to drink ....down to 2 bottles at 25 wks doesnt sound right to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->