Really stuck !! update pg2 hv advice :/

Sorry that doesn't sound right to me either. Her main source of nutrition for the first year needs to be her milk.

Sorry that doesn't sound right to me either. Her main source of nutrition for the first year needs to be her milk.

She only as 4 bottles aday which i dont thinks much for her age never mind cutting 2 of them out :dohh: xx

Yeah I personally wouldn't do that, I'd keep trying to get her to take more water in addition. Does she eat food well? Maybe try getting her to eat something that will help the constipation? Like prunes?

Yeah she loves her solids lol ...she as had prunes for pudding at lunch time x

Is it always the same HV at your clinic? At ours, there is a nurse too who is very good. Also if I phone them instead of going to clinic I get a different HV call me back...personally I'd be looking for a second opinion if I were you...

Can I be cheeky and ask what pudding jars you are using? A lot of the jars made DS2 constipated so much so I stopped using them and offered a fruit puree pot or banana or porradge/fruit, rice pudding, custard etc as desert.

Have you tried the avent soft spouts?

If she drank from your glass, I'd get a doidy cup (or if your cheap like me, a regular smooth rimmed glass).

Can I be cheeky and ask what pudding jars you are using? A lot of the jars made DS2 constipated so much so I stopped using them and offered a fruit puree pot or banana or porradge/fruit, rice pudding, custard etc as desert.

Have you tried the avent soft spouts?

If she drank from your glass, I'd get a doidy cup (or if your cheap like me, a regular smooth rimmed glass).

7month hipp jars vannilla and apple is what she had today ...i only give her that to fill her as when its finger food not much hits the mouth x

I popped on here to ask the same thing, Mailie is 7 months old and so constipated she was crying and wimpering in pain most of the night, breaks my heart but I'm unsure what to do, she hates juice and water and just will not drink it even out of a bottle which I vowed never to do. Last week I even cut out all food except breakfast and a little bit of tea and just filled her up on milk and she slept exactly the same but could poo so I know it's definitely lack of fluids thats causing her pain :( I'll be keeping an eye out on here and if nothing works think I'll go get some of that lactulose (sp?!) My son had really bad bowel problems from 2 weeks old so it brings back horrible memories.

hi there, have you tried warming up the water? (sounds mad I know) however when Lottie was little the only way she would take water from a bottle was warm. Now she's happy to drink from her cup and loves her water but for ages we had to heat up her water!

Hope you find something that works.

x

Yeah, I second what mummycat says... Ruby won't drink cold water but will drink warm.

We went from one extreme to another yesterday, we cut out dinner and replaced it with formula, all afternoon she was doing nice soft poos lol! Definitely need to put more formula or something into her diet, going to work on it today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->