Really upset about my mum!

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
I feel like I have been on my own with this pregnancy, my mum hasnt bothered much with me and couldnt even tell me what week I am or if I bring up anything that has happened she doesnt remember me talking about it or pretends she remembers when really she just hasnt listened! She isnt interested in me or this pregnancy and she will say things like she has missed out on this pregnancy or it has went by so quick! She said she was going to knit me a blanket and some cardigans and bought the wool and patterns and her excuse was she hadnt the time! She would happily talk about her friends, other peoples pregnancies/babies, her hobbies and anything to do with her! She NEVER asks me HOW ARE YOU? she never asks me if I need anything? She expects me to tidy up after my LO even though I would do it anyway but at 39 weeks pregnant and struggling to pick things off the floor is a nightmare! She expects me to get the door if it knocks and well putting it nicely, Im nothing to her right now, she only thinks about herself and I feel like she should have took a better interest in me and my pregnancy! It would have been nice for my mum to shop for baby clothes or even think about my pregnancy even just one day a week! Im pretty upset about it! Its always her, her, her and Im sick of it!

Sorry for the rant! :growlmad:

Do you live with your mum? If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh. My mam has been in Turkey for months, she doesn't come back until the day after my due date. And my dad isn't even that far but I've not seen him for a good 3 months or so, and when he talks to me on facebook he mostly just talks about his recent ailments and takes very little interest in the pregnancy.

I don't really expect them to be that bothered really. It's my baby, not theirs. They can take as little or as much interest as they want.

I'm sorry your mum's lack of interest is making you so sad though.

:hugs: Enjoy your sweet babies and give her a taste of her own medicine :devil: I imagine you'll be so busy with a toddler and a newborn so it shouldn't be hard to only think of you and your tiny ones :)
You're so close now!!!! :D are you all set and ready?

I can understand how sad it can be. My mum doesn't show any interest either. She lives only 5mins down the road but is just so self absorbed that she never asks if I need help with anything. When I do see her (which isn't very often considering how close she lives) she never asks how I am going with the pregnancy. She will prattle on about what is important to her or what is happening in her life but never asks how I am. I mentioned to her a few weeks ago how tired I was and that I still wouldn't get a break because DD was on school holidays (Kindergarten) but she never bothered to call and offer to take DD for a day. I finally asked her if she could look after her and she said to bring her down for an hour. Wow... An hour. Thanks Mum... That really gives me a break! I know, I probably sound really selfish. I just know that if my MIL was still alive, that she would be soo involved and I would never doubt the love she felt towards my DD, baby or myself.
So, yes. I do understand where you are coming from. I feel very unimportant an unsupported by my parents too. (My father has never looked after my DD and wouldn't have a clue how to). :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->